2. ABOUT ZARA
• Zara is a Spanish clothing and accessories
retailer based in Arteixo, Galicia, and
founded in 1975 by Amancio Ortega and
• It is the flagship chain store of the Inditex
group, The world's largest apparel retailer,
the fashion group also owns brands such as
Massimo Dutti, Pull and Bear, Uterqüe,
Stradivarius and Bershka.
• It is claimed that Zara needs just two weeks
to develop a new product and get it to stores,
compared to the six-month industry average,
and launches around 10,000 new designs
Zara España, S.A.
Type Sociedad Anónima
Founded Arteixo, Galicia (Spain)
(May 24, 1974)
Founder(s) Amancio Ortega
Headquarters Arteixo, Spain
Number of locations 1808 stores
Area served Worldwide
Key people Óscar Pérez Marcote,
Revenue €7.071 billion (2009)
Parent Industria de Diseño
Divisions •Zara Diseño, S.L.
•Zara Logística, S.A
3. MARKETING STRATEGY
• Its marketing strategy lies in creative way to convey fashions
online with the dress room function, outfits on share on
facebook, twitter send a link or email…..
• It creates an economical profit ,online ranking all over the world
wide and creates an added value of the brand…
• Its main aim is to focus on to build a new strategic plan for the
5. Tables Content.
• Sustainable Responsibilities
• Selection of target market.
• Positioning in target market.
6. MANUFACTURING OF ZARA PRODUCTS
• Zara is a vertically integrated retailer. Unlike similar apparel
retailers, Zara controls most of the steps on the supply-chain,
designing, manufacturing, and distributing its products.
• Zara set up its own factory in La Coruña (a city known for its
textile industry) in 1980, and upgraded to reverse milk-run-type
production and distribution facilities in 1990.
• This approach, designed by Toyota Motor Corp., was called
the just-in-time (JIT) system.
• 50% of the products Zara sells are manufactured in Spain,
26% in the rest of Europe, and 24% in Asian and African
countries and the rest of the world.
7. •Internal- 20 owned factories near Spain
•External- HK and Barcelona
1.Highly automated and Capital Intensive factories.
2.Material Requirement and Planning
3.Fully automated order application.
8. DISTRIBUTION OF ZARA PRODUCT
Centralized Distribution System
Mobile tracking Systems
Transportation and logistics
• Route and schedule optimization
• Queue Management system for turnaround and waiting
period of the ships at the docks.
• Inventory Management
10. CHALLENGES ENCOUNTERED
• Cultural Issues
• Language Issues
• Technical Issues
• Provision of training.
• Research and analysis of various markets.
• Acquisition of new workforce.
• Recruitment of local people.
• Maintain huge amount of data/ data loss
• Organize and interpret from available data
• Security measures against spy
• Technological Up gradation
• Hire skilled employees.
• Acquire reliable storage devices which is a critical for the
• 18 months technology upgrade
• Compatibility between hardware and software.
• License issues
• Cost of equipment and technology
• Geographic and natural constraints
• Sharing information where there is sophisticated technology.
• Working under legal boundaries.
• Inventory management
• Procedure Change with technology.
• Data collection procedure in different markets.
• Sales & Trends forecasting in new markets
• Applying large number of POS in the supply chain.
• Formation of Local Teams to analyze the market for
14. KEY SUCCESS FACTORS FOR ZARA
Business is built on quick response
•Production responds to trends.
•Deliveries are twice weekly, unlike most of the competitors weekly
•Ready raw material base
•Multi-functional quick decision making
•Vertical integration to ensure control over supply chain, and proximity
•Cost Control, despite flexibility
•Technology and Infrastructure
15. DESIGN SECTIONS BY ZARA…….
• It designs for:
2. TRF( Under TRF)
• Outwear, Dresses, Shirts, Trousers, Jeans, Shorts, Skirts, T-shirt
6. Shoes and Bags(for Both Man & Woman)
17. ZARA STORES IN INDIA
•DELHI ( 4 showroom)
2 showroom in Saket , Ambience mall, Vasant Kunj
•MUMBAI (3 Showroom)
The Orion Mall, Phoenix Market City Mall, Infinity Mall
•BANGALORE (2 Showroom)
The Orion Mall(Malleswaram west), Phoenix Market City Mall
•GAZIABAD (1 Showroom)
• Zara would quickly go on to become leader in
Spanish for young people and the company has
experienced continuous growth ever since.
• It began its expansion within the region of Galida
covering the cities of Vigo Lugo , Santiago and
• The first major growth all occurred during the
company’s first five year of existence ..
• Currently it has 335 stores distributed through out
Spain and it is an Inditex company, as spanish is the
parent company with the profit of 17 billion dollar in