SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Passive Voice1. Proposito de la voz pasiva2. Estructura de los verbos pasivos3. La voz pasiva en los tiempos verbales4. Ejercicios
1. Propósitos de Passive Voice1. Cuando el sujeto que hace una accion no se conoseEx. The window was broken2. Cuando la accion es más importante que el que hace la accion.Ex.- The salary will be increased in September
2. Estructura Passive Voice Verbs Estructura sintactica Activo ----------------------- Passivoe.g. eats (presente) ------------- is eateni.e. verb ----------------------- be+participioSomebody eats the appleThe apple is eaten ……Somedody eats the applesThe apples are eaten
3. Passive Voice in Tenses3.1 Present TensesBy using the verb ‘eat’, Tenses Active PassivePresent - Simple -eats -is eaten - continuous -is eating -is being eaten - perfect -has eaten -has been eaten - perfect continuous -has been eating -has been being eatenNote: Los verbos en pasivo siempre termina con el participio
Be+Participio• Is • Verbos regulares:• Are • Played• Am • Visited• Was• Were • Verbos Irregulares• Be • Seen• Been • Gone• being • done
3. Passive Voice con los tiempos3.2 Timpo PasadoEx. the verb ‘eat’, Tenses Active PassivePast - Simple -ate was eaten - continuous -was eating was being eaten - perfect -had eaten had been eaten - perfect continuous -had been eating had been being eaten
3. Passive Voice in Tenses3.3 Future TenseBy using the verb ‘eat’, Tense Active PassiveFuture - Simple -will eat will be eaten - continuous -will be eating will be being eaten - perfect -will have eaten will have been eaten - perfect continuous-will have been eating xxxxxxxxx
4. ExercisesExample: People speak Emglish in many countriesCompare: English is spoken in many countries. Somebody/They pulled down the building last week.Compare: The old building was pulled down (by then/somebody)last week. We will hold a meeting tomorrow.Compare: A meeting will be held tomorrow (by us).* ( ) means optional.
Tense Subject Verb ObjectSimple Active: Rita writes a letter.Present Passive: A letter is written by Rita.Simple Active: Rita wrote a letter.Past Passive: A letter was written by Rita.Presen Active: Rita has written a letter.tPerfec Passive: A letter has been written by Rita.tFuture Active: Rita will write a letter.I Passive: A letter will be written by Rita.Hilfsve Active: Rita can write a letter.rben Passive: A letter can be written by Rita.
Tense Subject Verb ObjectPresen Active: Rita is writing a letter.t Passive: A letter is being written by Rita.ProgressivePast Active: Rita was writing a letter.Progre Passive: A letter was being written by Rita.ssivePast Active: Rita had written a letter.Perfect Passive: A letter had been written by Rita.Future Active: Rita will have written a letter.II Passive: A letter will have been written by Rita.Condit Active: Rita would write a letter.ional I Passive: A letter would be written by Rita.Condit Active: Rita would have written a letter.ional II Passive: A letter would have been written by Rita.
Passive interrogativo• Does Mary eat the apple?• Is the apple eaten by Mary?• Do the children break the windows?• Are the windows broken by the children?• Did William repair the car?• Was the car repaired by William?
Passive negative• Mary doesn’t eat the apple• The apple isn’t eaten by Mary• The children don’t break the windows• The windows aren’t broken by the children• William didn’t repair the car• The car wasn’t repaired by William.
pronombres• I • BY ME• YOU • BY you• He • By him• She • By her• It • By it• They • By them• we • By us
Exercise1. Somebody cleans our classroom everyday.2. Japan exported millions of cars last year.3. Mr. Chan will feed his dog on canned food.
Our classroom is cleaned everydayMillions of cars were exported from Japan last year.Mr. Chan’s dog will be fed on canned food.
• Rewrite the sentences in passive voice.1. John collects money. – money is collected by john2. Anna opened the window. - the window was opened by anna3. We have done our homework. – our homework has been done4. I will ask a question. - a question will be asked by me5. He can cut out the picture. - the picture can be cut out by him6. The sheep ate a lot. - a lot was eaten by the sheep7. We do not clean our rooms. - our rooms aren´t cleaned by us8. William will not repair the car. - the car will be not repaired by william9. Did Sue draw this circle? - was this circle drawn by Sue?10. Could you feed the dog? - could the dog be fed by you?