2. • Green Tea plant is Camellia sinensis.
• Green Tea likely originated in China.
• Green Tea is an aromatic beverage.
• Green Tea has a cooling, slightly bitter &
• Green tea has a too high content of
• Green tea is a medicine
and a healthful beverage
5. • The caffeine content is lower than other
• Green tea contains antioxidant
• Minerals in green tea play major role to
increase nutritive value.
6. • Antioxidant activity
• Anti mutagenic and anticarcinogenic potential
• Anti-hypertensive effect and cardiovascular disease
• Oral health
• Solar ultraviolet protection
• Body weight control
• Glucose tolerance and Insulin sensitivity
7. • Green tea is a source
of antioxidant nutrients.
• Green tea is rich in
• Catechins and garllic acid are
major polyphenols in green tea.
• It protect against oxidative
damage in body.
8. •The antioxidants known as poly- phenols
present in green tea fight against the free
radicals and give a glow to your skin.
•Applying green tea mask directly on the face is
the most effective sun guard.
9. • Green tea inhibit many cancers in the body. They
• Lung cancer
• Breast cancer
• Ovarian cancer
• Stomach cancer
• Skin cancer
10. • Polyphenols has a potential to control body weight.
• Green tea has an effect on glucose tolerance and
insulin sensitivity and green tea increases insulin
11. •It controls bacteria and lowers the
acidity of saliva and dental plaque; it’s a
useful tool in preventing cavities.
• Scientists think, green tea works on the lining of
• It may also protect against the formation of clots,
which are the primary cause of heart attacks.
12. •May help arthritis by reducing inflammation and
slowing the breakdown of cartilage & protected brain
cells from dying and restored damaged brain cells.
•Green tea catechins are strong antibacterial and
antiviral agents which make them effective for
treating everything from influenza to cancer.
• Green tea improves lipid and glucose metabolisms,
prevents sharp increase in blood sugar
level and balance the metabolism rate.
13. •Tastes is good
•Drink 2 - 3 cups of green tea per day(depending on
•Wonderful beverage for the body.
•Prevents many diseases / sicknesses
•Its found in every where.
• Green tea gives you a 75 kcal/day
• 75 kcal/day = 1 lb of fat loss every 44
• Lose 8 -9 lbs / year on tea alone!