SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
How can you make your company and shows stand out on social media before, during and after MIPTV and MIPCOM? Planning ahead, creating dedicated content and engaging on all platforms are just a few of the tactics deployed by MIP Markets' most social clients. Learn from ITV Studios, Red Touch Media, Relativity Media and many more... and become next MIP's most social!
Compiled by MIP Markets' social media team, James Martin & Pierre Zemniak, whom you can contact via:
How to be MIP’s
Best practices & tips
Create specific content for key IPs
ITV Studios’ social media strategy at MIPCOM 2013 involved creating content specifically for three key IPs —
Breathless, Tricked and Thunderbirds — and communicating with it before, during and after the show.
It was perhaps Thunderbirds that most caught MIPCOM-goers imaginations: throughout the week, ITV Studios leaked
specially-prepared photos of Cannes with hints that Gerry Anderson’s legendary Thunderbirds ships had touched
down on the Croisette:
Clients quickly shared the images via Twitter & beyond…
A perfect tease for the series reboot… which won’t be out until 2015!
Create specific content for key IPs
ITV Studios’ Digital Marketing Manager Jo Hutchinson’s team began by working out what they wanted people to be saying,
and when – be it before, during, and after the show.
ITV’s MIPCOM 2013 objective was to reach as many buyers as possible.
Each show had its own objectives:
- For period drama Breathless, the priority was to show talent through maximum buzz, notably via daily videos
- For magic show Tricked, the objective was to demonstrate the novelty of the format itself. A pre-tease campaign,
“Magic goes under cover” was launched, and magician Ben Hanlin performed tricks on the Croisette, including
throwing a buyers phone into the sea!
- Finally, Thunderbirds had to get the right people talking about it: kids buyers.
- Elaborate your strategy first, then create the appropriate context to
- Each show/IP is unique: create the appropriate context to promote it
- Numbers don’t really matter: it’s the quality of conversations that counts
- Targeting is key: buyers are the most receptive people to quality content.
They need to be addressed specifically.
- Post-MIP, always follow-up with contacts made in Cannes.
Be creative and fun
Red Touch Media
Red Touch Media went all out at MIPCOM 2013, notably on Twitter and flickr, with photos of their onsite events —
squirrel included! — and fun ideas like a “wheel of swag” that delegates could spin to see what goodies they’d walk away
with. Perhaps the best sharers MIPCOM 2013. Hats off!
These initiatives resulted in a 131% increase of Red Touch Media’s total marketing reach.
- Use your imagination! You don’t need to be big to draw attention. Instead of a billboard, why not use a squirrel to
promote your stand?
- Customise your stand with fun elements like games, giveaway goodies, etc.
- Be present on many platforms: Facebook, Twitter, of course, but also Flickr, YouTube, Instagram, Vine…
- Budget permitting, book some space outside the Palais for your night events.
Engage in online conversation
Relativity Media and All3media
Relativity Media and All3media organised Twitter and Facebook Q&As live from Cannes at MIPCOM 2013. Whilst the
latter attracted hundreds of questions in just 15 minutes for the stars of crime series Midsomer Murders, the former saw
CEO Ryan Kavanaugh come straight out of his keynote to chat online with followers, both of Relativity Media and of
media partners The Wrap, via the #RelativityatMIPCOM hashtag.
Relativity Media were also the first MIP Market speakers to provide MIP’s social media team with pre-keynote teaser
posters (below), in order to build buzz ahead of Kavanaugh’s session. Another best practice to be copied!
- Find a media partner (in this case, The
- Create content to promote event
- Be attentive to online conversations
- Engage with your fans and followers
- Ask your stars and CEOs to answer
Brand your social presence
EyeOnCanada, Endemol, Xilam & ProMexico
Last but not least, it’s crucial to make your company easily contactable on social networks. Canada Media Fund was one
of the most buzzing companies at MIPCOM 2013, at least for one reason: they created a specific hashtag, which should
be the first thing to do for any MIPTV or MIPCOM attendee! Many more have followed suite…
- Find a catchy & short hashtag
- Ensure your social identifiers –
hashtags, Twitter & Facebook accounts
- are clearly displayed on all marketing
collateral, especially offline (posters,
Top 5 tips
- Know your objectives and targets: elaborate your strategy first, then create the
appropriate context to implement it
- Each IP is unique: create the right context to promote it
- Don’t be afraid to be creative and fun: customise your stand, play games with your
- Engage with your fans and followers directly on social media, e.g. via a Twitter Q&A
- Make yourself easily contactable by clearly displaying your social identifiers on all
About the Author
This report was compiled by MIP Markets’ James Martin (social media manager) and Pierre Ziemniak (community
manager). Click on their names to email them any MIP social media queries; or you can reach them via MIP
Markets’ social media presences (below right). And be sure to connect with our most social clients!
Follow some of MIP’s most social clients here:
Red Touch Media
This report is brought to you by
MIPTV & MIPCOM are the world’s leading content
markets for creating, co-producing, buying, selling,
financing, and distributing entertainment & TV
programs across all platforms.
To follow us:
MIPTV & MIPCOM respectively take place every April
and October, each bringing together over 12,000
professionals from 100 countries.
To download our MIPTV / MIPCOM app: