• Micromax is an Indian Consumer Electronics
Company manufacturing mobile phones,
tablet computers, 3G Data cards and LED
• It has 23 offices across India and an
international office in Hong Kong.
• It is headquartered in Gurgaon, Haryana.
4. Micromax entering Telecom business!
• From 1991,company was mainly involved in
business of distributing computer hardware.
• Hardware industry losing its attractiveness by
• Telecom giants were not addressing the
unique needs and challenges of Indian
6. Building a strong customer base!
• International players were not addressing the
needs of rural people.
• Focusing on the needs of low end segment as
India has a vast rural market.
• First phone launched had a 30 day long
• First Long Battery Life Phone with 30 days battery
backup- X1i Rs.2150/-
• First Dual SIM Dual mode active Phone (GSM+CDMA)-
• First Gaming Device- G4 (with motion sensor)- Rs.6000/-
• First Women’s Line of Devices- Q55 Rs.2750/-
• First Universal Remote Control Phone- X235 Rs.2230/-
• First phone with built-in blue tooth- X450 Rs.1990/-
9. Accelerating Growth!
• Canvas series of products have accelerated the
growth and improved the brand image
• Canvas 2 became one of the best value
• Micromax is the 2nd largest smartphone
company in India now.
• 12th largest mobile handset manufacturer in
10. INCREMENT IN REVENUE
• We have started our Canvas Smartphone series 5 years back and
now it is sold at a pace of 25 handsets per minute
• We are now the 2nd leading brand in the Indian mobile handset
• Our handset sales have grown by 132.43% from 1.11 million
units in the quarter ended June 30, 2009 to 2.58 million units in
the quarter ended March 31, 2010.
11. INCREMENT IN REVENUE CONTD..
• MICROMAX posted ever increasing revenue of INR 3186 crore
for the F.Y. 2012-13. Micromax stands at second position in
Indian market, with a consolidated market share of 22 %
• For the year ended March 2013, Micromax had sales of 2,400
crore on selling over 85 lakh handsets, with a net profit of 200
crore, as against revenue and profit of 350 crore and 35 crore
respectively for the previous year.
• Handset Sales in Asia Pacific to rise to 822.6 million in 2013
12. REASONS FOR THE INCREMENT
• Product focus & understanding customer preferences
• Branding not only company but phone series & models
• Product Quality, Price & performance
• Technology shift and adaptation to the changing trends
• Overall change in spending of the young population
13. SOME LOOPHOLES
• Display and brightness level
• Magnetic sensor
• Rear Camera & Front Camera
• OS and Future firmware updates
• Low internal memory
• Brand recognition
14. REVENUE OF THE PAST YEARS
F.Y. 2009-10 F.Y. 2010-11 F.Y. 2011-12 F.Y. 2012-13
16. SWOT ANALYSIS (CONTD..)
Weak brand image in urban areas.
Perception of low-quality Chinese brand.
Poor after sales service .
Lack of quality in products.
Limited market share.
User interface – not so tech-savvy.
Entry into international markets.
Low–end phones has become more competitive.
Increasing growth rate selling of Smartphones.
Entering into unrelated diversification.
19. FEATURES :
General Features : • Sales Package : Handset, Battery, Charger, Hands
free, USB Cable, Warranty Card, User Manual.
• Model Name : Micromax Canvas Delight A79
• Input Type : Full Touch
• Handset Colour : Black
Camera : • Primary : 8 MP
• Secondary : 2 MP
• Flash : LED Flash
• Video Recording : 30 fps
• HD Recording : Yes
• Auto Focus : Yes
Memory : • Phonebook : Yes, practically unlimited entries
• RAM : 1 GB
• Internal memory : 8 GB
• Card Slot : Micro SD, expandable 32 GB
20. FEATURES (Contd)…
• Music Player : MP3
• Video Player : MP4,H.264,3GP
• FM Radio : Yes
• Games : Yes
• Messaging : Yes
• MMS : Yes
Platform : • OS : Android 4.4.2
• Processor Speed : 1.4 GHz
• Processor Type : Quad Core
Display : • Type : Touch Screen
• Screen Size : 5 Inches
SIM : • SIM Type : GSM
• Dual SIM : Yes, GSM + GSM
21. FEATURES (Contd)…
• Email/Browser : Yes
• Bluetooth : Yes , v 4.0
• 2G Network Band : GSM -850,900,1800
• 3G/ Wi Fi /USB/GPS : Yes
• Audio Jack : 3.5 mm
• Maps : Google maps
Battery : • Battery type : 2500 mAh
Sounds : • Alert types : MP3
• Loudspeaker : Yes
Phone size : • Dimensions : 143.6 x 72.2 x 8.3 mm
Other Features : • Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light Sensor,
Incoming Call Guard, Mobile Tracker, Multi
Warranty : • 1 year manufacturing warranty
24. Pricing Strategy
• Core of micromax lower cost value the money
• Penetration Pricing in urban market
• Placing our product at lower cost make
customer to rethink before buying other
• Hoarding and Banner out side college,
corporate place and in mall
• Advertising online on social network, TV, Radios
• After sales service increased warranty 6 months to 1 year.
• Exchange Schemes like discount of 5% to 10%
26. Place Strategy
• Place our product at popular mobile store e.g.
the mobile store, reliance digital, croma
• We will tie up with local distributors for easy
• Online selling of our product
Micromax knows that there are many established brands in mobile
phone’s industry Nokia, Samsung, LG and several other
manufactures. Some major competitors and their strategies and
strengths are identified as below:
• Nokia is the leader in the mobile phone industry in India (32%).
• Nokia world’s largest producer and manufacturer of cell phones as
well as has the largest distribution network around the world;
• dominates the world cellular industry because it has the Strong
Research & Development facilities
• It has very good financial position, higher return
on equity (ROE), return on assets (ROA) and net
profit margins (NPM)
28. COMPETITORS CONTD…..
• Strategies of Samsung : BETTER, FASTER, CHEAPER
• Low production cost
• Most Competitive player in the industry products at nominal due to its
rising scale and integrated operations as it makes chips and screens for
most of its mobile phones in-house.
• Its is toughest competitor as it target low income group by providing quality
• Stylish and innovative phones of apples are driving crazy to its users.
• Apple is aggressively entering into Indian market with its amazing iPhone
• Apple is leading innovator in mobile device technology
• Strong Marketing and advertising teams
29. COMPETITORS CONTD…..
• Strong Financial performance ($10,000,000,000, gross profit margin 43.9%
and no debt)
• Justifies its price
OTHER DOMESTIC PLAYERS
Other players like Karbon, Spice, Lava, etc have more or less same market
Some of the Chinese manufactures have already entered the Indian market.
These manufacturers have priced their mobiles very low. So these
manufacturers are expected to grow as with the demand.