The Power Of Positive Thinking
- Norman Vincent Peale
A Brief Review by:
About The Author
• Norman Vincent Peale (May 31, 1898 –
December 24, 1993) was a minister and a
progenitor of "positive thinking".
• The author of forty-six books, including the
international bestseller The Power of Positive
• A famous preacher in New York.
What This Book Can Do For You
• This book states that you do not need to be
defeated by anything, that you can have peace
of mind, improved health, and a never-ceasing
flow of energy.
• In short, that your life can be full of joy ands
Believe in Yourself
• Always believe in yourself.
• Have faith in your abilities.
• Formulate and hold on your mind a mental
picture of yourself succeeding.
• Never think of failing and doubt the reality of that
• Repeat these words several times with faith:
I can do all the things through God which
A Peaceful Mind Generates Power
• Empty your mind of fears, hates,
insecurities, regrets, and guilt feelings.
• Fill it with peaceful experiences and
• Talk gently and optimistically to be
• Daily practice silence and throw your mind
• Conceive of your mind as the surface of a
body of water and make sure there is not a
ripple. Then listen to the deeper sounds of
harmony and beauty and of God.
How To Have Constant Energy
• God is the source of all- energy in the universe, atomic
energy, electrical energy, and spiritual energy.
• Pray to God for giving us energy.
• Get out of yourself; the more you lose yourself in
something bigger than yourself, the more energy you
• Get your emotional and psychological conflicts
corrected for they consume energy constantly.
Try Prayer Power
• Practice thinking about and talking to God.
• Pray and tell God anything that is on your mind.
• Have firm faith in God.
• Affirm that God is helping you and be thankful for that.
• Prayerise, Picturise , Actualise
How to Create Your Own Happiness
• Who decides whether you shall be happy or
unhappy? The Answer – You Do!
• Manufacture your own happiness.
• Be satisfied with what you have.
• Play The Glad Game.*
Stop Fuming and Fretting
• Many people make life unnecessarily difficult for
themselves by dissipating power and energy through
fuming and fretting.
• Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid
by facing any difficult situation.
• Reduce your pace or at least the tempo of your pace of
• The only wise rate at which to live is God’s rate. God
gets things done and they are done right without
Expect the Best and Get It &
I Don’t Believe in Defeat
• Train your mind to believe, to expect the best.
• Be self-doubtless in whatever you do.
• Give it all you have got, wholeheartedly.
• Have faith in yourself, you will succeed.
• The Expectation Effect.*
How to Break Worry Habit
• Say to yourself: Worry is just a
very bad habit.
• Practice faith to get rid of worry
• Picture all worry thoughts as
flowing out of your mind.
Power To Solve Personal Problems
• Believe that every problem has a solution.
• Practice believing that God is as real and
actual as your wife, or business partner, or
• Practice talking matters over with Him; believe
that He listens and gives thought to your
How to Use Faith in Healing &
When Vitality Sags, Try this Health Formula
• Believe and have faith in the combined therapy of
medical science in harmony with the healing
power of God.
• Sincere willingness to surrender into the hands of
God and accept His answer.
• Get rid of any ill-will or resentment or grudges
without any delay.
Inflow of New Thoughts Can Make You
• A man is what he thinks about all day long.
• Thoughts are things, they actually possess dynamic power.
• Deliberately speak hopefully about everything, about your
job, your health, your future or anything on your way
• Lift your mind above difficulties and failures, and visualize
power and achievements
• Try to wipe the slate clean.
Relax For Easy Power
• Slow down and live life at a more natural
• Don’t overdo it, don’t take yourself seriously.
• Don’t try to do everything at once. Instead,
plan your work. Think:
This one thing I do
• Practice the easy-does-it attitude.
• Do everything slowly, less hectically, and
How To Get People To Like You
• Be a comfortable and natural person: An old-shoe, old-
hat kind of individual. So there is no strain in being
• Acquire the quality of relaxed easy-goingness
so that things don’t ruffle you.
• Be humble and avoid the expression of I-know-it-all.
• Practice liking people. Will Rogers said, ‘I never met a
person I didn’t like.’ Try to be that way.
• Give others a feeling of self-importance by being
genuinely interested in them.
• Strive after popularity and the chances are you will
never attain it.
Prescription For Heartache
• Fill your days with creative activity and the physical
aspect of activity.
• Have a philosophy of life and death and soul
• Turn to God in an attitude of faith and empty the mind
and heart to Him.
• Make prayer and faith the habit of your life.
• Learn to have real fellowship with God.
How To Draw Upon That Higher Power
• There is a Higher Power that can do everything for
you - beyond but resident within ourselves.
• Have a deep desire, intensity of longing, and a
sincere reaching out after Power, it will be given to
• Draw upon it and experience its great helpfulness,
let it flow through you.
• Believe that now, though God’s help, you are
gaining power over your difficulty.
Knowing Is Not Enough
• Using Faith, Positive Thinking, and Prayer to
God there is no problem, difficulty, or defeat
that cant be solved or overcome.
Apparemment, vous utilisez un bloqueur de publicités qui est en cours d'exécution. En ajoutant SlideShare à la liste blanche de votre bloqueur de publicités, vous soutenez notre communauté de créateurs de contenu.
Vous détestez les publicités?
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité.
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité pour nous conformer à l'évolution des réglementations mondiales en matière de confidentialité et pour vous informer de la manière dont nous utilisons vos données de façon limitée.
Vous pouvez consulter les détails ci-dessous. En cliquant sur Accepter, vous acceptez la politique de confidentialité mise à jour.