SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Agile, OOP... are like good hygiene in the kitchen, it results in meals with consistent quality and predictable prep and service times. It doesn't result in great meals nor substantially impact the ROI! Lean Thinking clearly shows that the only way to make a significant impact is to improve the value chain by improving flow. If everyone is following best practices no one has competitive advantage. Major improvements in the value chain depend on continued disruptive innovations. Innovations leverage people and their ideas. We use case studies to illustrate the different business and technical innovations and their impact. We conclude with a discussion of how to build and leverage an innovation culture versus a sprint death march when dealing with high value time to market projects.
More details: https://confengine.com/agile-india-2017/proposal/3608/value-driven-development-maximum-impact-maximum-speed
Process Driven Development
Lean and Agile in the Large works but
• 10-15% improvement in productivity, 25 %+ quality,
little change in productivity
• Seldom has the Impact or Agility expected by
• Encourages micro improvements, rather than high
impact changes! Sprinting to Technical Debt..
• Biased to tools and technologies of the past!
• Systemic change expensive to implement and sustain!
You can’t lead using yesterdays process from someone
else! Process lags best practice by 3 – 5 years!
A generic solution is very seldom as effective as a
strong specific solution
We have great confidence in your abilities to meet our competitive
challenges. Hence we have given you Objects, Agile, Tools,
Hardware, New Offices, Mentors because we believe you need these
to do your best. Here is what the business needs from you:
1. We need to be much faster in selecting and executing high value
2. We need to turn up the dials on productivity while maintaining
quality and features.
CEO – All Hands Challenge
As long as we keep building software the same way as everyone else
were have no competitive advantage.
…. THIS ISYOUR MISSION…* THIS MESSAGE WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN
* Mission Impossible
Insurance Legacy + SOA + EAP
Legacy L1, L2, L3,L4; Vendor EAP V1, V2,V3,V4,V5;
Integration Services I5, I6; Commercial Insurance V1, L1
Personal Insurance L2; Vehicle Insurance V2
Rating Engine L2, L3, V3; Billing System V4
Policy System of Record L4 + I5 + V5
Enterprise Software Bus I6
1. Outstanding BAs define all products in tables
2. Agile experts generate applications from BA tables
3. SI experts build simple interfaces to ESB + Interface
4. All vendors required to deliver acceptance test
HR System Bottleneck
• calculations very complex.
• analysts capture in Excel.
• 100 Devs in COBOL too slow
• Agile OO gave only 15% in productivity
• Retain 2 Agile OO experts
• Excel rule checker in java
• Spreadsheet in Java on mainframe
• Legacy team deployed on other systems
Cyber Analytics – Analyst for Kx
1. Order of magnitude improvement in productivity
§ Interactive, Incremental, Exploratory with rapid deploy to
§ Scripting/Domain Oriented Programming by Specialist
§ Analyst/End User Visual Query, Transformation and
Visualization at scale
§ Provide full provenance for all artefacts and analysis
§ Granular Cross Jurisdictional Collaboration
2. Fast Data
§ Efficient computation over large volumes of data (at least
10s – 100s TB)
§ Minimal Impedance between persistent (historical) and
live data (real-time)
§ Enable Analytics from Sensors to Cloud
§ Interoperable with existing data formats and tools
Analyst and Expert Programming Models
• 100:1 ratio analysts to experts
• Experts surface new functionality to analysts as DSL library extensions
Expert Programming Model
• Wide Spectrum Functional Vector Language
• Fully Interoperable with current technologies – C to OO to Web
Analysts Application Programming Model
• Wide Spectrum DSLs ( SQL, Spreadsheets...)
• Narrow Domain Specific DSL (IP packets, finance, geo, cultural ...)
• Leverage existing standards and user models
• Interoperable with R, MatLab, MS Office...
Core VEE Platform – High Performance Vector Functional Runtime
• Data Store Features
• Interoperability Features
• Core Libraries