This is a product of the Information Systems Department at the
Bauer College of Business at the University of Houston
• John Kotter is a professor at Harvard Business School and a
world-renowned change expert who has spent 30 years researching
• He introduced his eight-step change process in his 1995 book,
1. Create Urgency
2. Pull together the guiding team
3. Create a change vision and strategy
4. Communicate the Vision
5. Remove Obstacles
6. Create Short-term Wins
7. Build on the Change
8. Anchor the Changes in Corporate Culture
- Examine market and competitive realities
- Everyone want change in order for it to successfully be
- Identify and discuss crises, potential crises or major
- Develop a sense of urgency will let everyone
know how important this change is
Assemble a group with enough power to lead
the change effort
Encourage the group to work as a team
Get strong leaders to managing change
- A good leader is crucial to link and correlate the concepts to a unique
vision that people can grasp and remember.
- After a vision is formulated, strategically form a guide line to
implement the vision.
- In creating a vision, a leader should understand and determine the
values that are central to the change.
- A leader should communicate the vision thoroughly to spark
motivation and keep consistency in the changes.
- Applying the vision exhaustingly emphasizes the vision. “walk the
talk.” What you do is far more important and believable than what you
- Use every communication and opportunity as an avenue to express
this vision and simultaneously probe and be open about any concerns
that the people have.
- Continually analyze and implement a structure for change. Get people
involved so they are involve in the issue. This creates power and
effectiveness and also helps identify obstacles.
- Creating change leaders whose main goals are to deliver change. Also
recognize and reward people whom are making the effort to make the
- Empowerment connects people with the issue making them more
effective and powerful.
-Plan for visible performance improvements
-Create those improvements
-Recognize and reward employees involved in the improvements
- Hire, promote, and develop employees who can implement the vision
- Reinvigorate the process with new projects, themes, and
- The consequences of letting up can be very dangerous.
- A leader of a project should never let up before the job is done
because critical momentum can be lost and so with regression.
Articulate the connections between the
new behaviors and organizational
Develop the means to ensure leadership
development and succession
Roots are the most important aspect of a
project to remain firmly planted in the
Culture is composed of norms of
behavior and shared values.
Apparemment, vous utilisez un bloqueur de publicités qui est en cours d'exécution. En ajoutant SlideShare à la liste blanche de votre bloqueur de publicités, vous soutenez notre communauté de créateurs de contenu.
Vous détestez les publicités?
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité.
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité pour nous conformer à l'évolution des réglementations mondiales en matière de confidentialité et pour vous informer de la manière dont nous utilisons vos données de façon limitée.
Vous pouvez consulter les détails ci-dessous. En cliquant sur Accepter, vous acceptez la politique de confidentialité mise à jour.