USE THE THREE I’ s
1. Involve the team
3. Instruct to accelerate learning
For that to happen we need to understand every
6. Involve the Team
• Use Ice breakers
– Creative introductions etc.
• Involve the team in activities related to learning
• To increase participation in classroom conduct
– Play Games
– Give case studies etc.
• Make them feel each individual is important, to attain a
comfortable environment for learning
• Delivery of the content and course
material by the trainer, once a clear
understanding of the audience and the
need has been identified
• The instruction rules………
9. The instruction rules……
Rule 1. Delivery of the content
Rule 2. Control the pace of your delivery
Rule 3. Have an Interactive atmosphere
Rule 4. Role play & Demonstration
Rule 5. Feedback
Rule 6. Follow up on Learning's imparted
(informal Learning / on the job training)
Watch still picture
Watch moving picture
Do a site visit
Do a dramatic presentation
Simulate a real experience
Do the real thing
Verbal10% of what they read
20% of what they
30% of what they see
50% of what they hear
70% of what they
say or write
90% of what
they say as
they do a thing
“Cone of Experience”
People generally remember:
Adapted from Wiman & Meirhenry, .Educational Media, 1960 on Edgar Dale
11. What Not to do
• Assuming you know more than the Trainees
• Not meeting the needs of different learning styles
• Avoid scheduling lots of activities that have no real
bearing on the training content
• Avoid reading from the text
• Not debriefing learning activities
• Avoid Reactive behavior – Understand and respond
• Avoid heavy down load post lunch – make it more
• Avoid closed questions
12. Delivering your presentation
Delivering your presentations effectively involves
using a proven four-step process:
Follow these guidelines and you and your message will
have high impact on your audiences.
14. The Ten Traits of Terrific
• They know their stuff.
• They know what they don't know.
• They can train around the weak spots..
• They don't just train, they "entertain".
• They are eminently adaptable.
• They are time bandits.
• They are masters of their domain.
• They have in depth people skills.
• They understand that learning is a life-long
• They are constantly improving.