1. How to increase conversion
This guide will walk you through the basics of conversion rate
optimization—from why it matters in the first place to how you can go
about building your testing and optimization.
2. Beginners Guide to Conversion Rate Optimization
• If you are here, you might want to learn about Conversion Rate
Optimization (CRO). You might want to know about the ‘quick hacks’
and the ‘best conversion techniques’. Forget about all of it, because
there is no shortcut to getting the conversions right. In this article, I
will give you a detailed description of the ways and techniques that
can give make your conversion optimization better.
• Afriendlydisclaimer:Everybusinesshasits ownrisk,butallyouneedisaheartto
4. Tips for conversion rate optimization
• You have built a great business with all your heart and hard work, but
you have a hard time to get the customers or clients. And this might
be giving you sleepless nights; we all crave for tons of traffic to turn to
our websites. But converting that traffic into conversions is the real
• Conversion Rate Optimization is one of the fastest and the most
effective way of turning your visitors into customers. There are a lot
of things which one should take into consideration for CRO, but it is
not rocket science once you know the right strategies.
5. What is Conversion Rate Optimization?
• CRO is the process by which a business converts its visitors into
paying customers for the available offers. In general, to maximize the
number of people to take the desired action. Conversions depend
upon the business or the website you are handling.
• If you are an E-commerce site, your conversion will be on the
purchase of a customer.
• If you are a blogger, your conversion goal should be to make people
sign up for your newsletter.
7. • For example, if a company had 20 sales last month and the visitors
were 400. Thus the conversion rate would be 5%. Many statistics and
analytics state that an average conversion rate lays between 25 to 5%.
But that is not true. Different businesses, different audiences, and
various conversion goals.
• Some people ask a question of what a reasonable conversion rate is.
And answer to this is “Better than the previous month.”
8. • A handy
• tip: Every step of your user’s journey is a new opportunity for you.
Make sure you make it easier, shorter and enjoyable.
• Now is the right time we dive in and learn the fantastic tips and tricks.
• 1. Landing Page
• The landing page tops the priority list. All that is on the landing page
will be the first thing that a visitor will see. Make your landing page
attractive; give your customers a reason to stay.
9. • Use your top products on display. Use beautiful imagery and
attractive headlines. Don’t go over the top and don’t keep it minimal.
• Just as Apple’s landing page. Their Navigation bar shows all the
services and products they provide also the recent product makes it
to the top. The page is simple yet informational.
10. 2. Irresistible Content
• Content is the King~ Bill gates.
• This is the famous line from the billionaire himself. Too few words
can get people in a dilemma. And irrelevant articles can get people off
• Try and deliver just right. Good content is the only thing by which you
can explain all about your products and your brand. So, make it right.
You should never leave the visitor in any doubt.
• SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for the rescue. Get the help of SEO
for making your blogs and websites to the top of the page by writing
12. 3. Fewer Form-Fields
• Studies say that the more you will ask your customers to fill in the
details in the form, the less are the chances they will get you any
subscriber or a purchaser. As a user visits your site don’t ask them to
fill in the credentials which got many fields. If you want a subscriber,
all you can ask; is to fill in their names and email address.
13. The less the form fields the more chances are
of you to get higher conversions.
• Why ask for their date of birth or age during the checkouts. Right?
14. 4. CTA (Call-to-Action)
• Grab their attention. Call-to-Action, plays a significant factor in getting your
conversions. CTA is not art. It may seem like as it is all about colors and
demographics but, it is more of a science. Human psychology plays a
notable role here.
You need to learn what attracts people. Is it color red? Is it the big buttons?
• It could be many things, but the primary factor is to make them contrast
with your website. Don’t use colors that don’t go well with your website.
• Also, use researchers say that use only one CTA per page—going extra can
15. 5. Imagery and the Banners
• Many of you might think that slider images are cool and look good on
your wall. But according to researchers, the sliders’ images are the
distraction that a user doesn’t want to come across.
• As images slide over and over again, it gets difficult for the users to
browse and explore the page. Big banners are too a big issue that
people complain about. Banners should never become a hindrance to
the user while browsing, and also a banner should always have an
option to close it.
17. 6. Descriptive Headlines
• A headline is something that is heart to the content. A headline
should be written using catchy words and it should be brief yet
descriptive enough to let people know insights of the content.
• Make a headline this good that the reading the further content
becomes irresistible to the customers. As you can see the same
newspapers with the same pictures but have different headlines.
• A headline can make a major difference in the content that can
make or break the brand.
18. 7. Urgency
• It is a human tendency that when they see that something is getting
over soon. Like there is only a day left or a few products available in
the stock, they will rush to buy it.
• Use timers and count downers to create urgency. Give them a reason
to but that product.
19. 8. ‘FREE’—is the holy word
• The words like Free, Discount, and Sale leaves a big impact on the
mind of the customers. People go crazy when they see a product is at
a discount or whenever a big sale is going on.
• Make this a practice of making your products on the sale once in a
month so that customers keep coming in.
21. • Word of the mouth plays a big role in the world of business. When
your existing customers will spread good word about you to their
friends they will also gain trust in you and so will become a customer
• Similarly, add a review section to the product of yours to maintain
trust. When people will review or rate the product this will make you
• This is one of the most amazing discoveries in the world of marketing
automation. This is the tool that tracks customer behavior in some of
the best ways.
• Implementing heatmap on your webpage can make your work on
your flaws and improve them as per the customer’s engagement
24. 11. PWA (Progressive Web Apps)
• PWA is something new, and the most talked-about technology in the
IT world. Every small scale businesses that are constrained to the
webpage only and got not many resources to maintain and create an
application are the ones who are making the best use of PWA’s.
• PWA’s are the icons on your home screen, that acts as an application
but are not.
• They are fast and reliable. Also, the people who don’t have much
memory in their phones can make the best use of the PWA.
26. 12. Run tests on your Webpage
• Nothing is ever perfect. Everyone has some flaws and so the website
can have it too.
• You may have to build your website with all the hardship, but it is a
possibility that it might not be keeping up to the customer’s
preferences. Thus, comes the role of A/B testing. A/B testing lets
customers see the two variations of one webpage, and by this, you
may know which one is getting better engagement. And further you
can apply the changes to your website.
28. 13. Emails/Text Notifications
• Keeping in touch with your customers creates a sense of
personalization. Keep your customers posted about the new deals
and the new updates on your websites. Send them SMS, emails and
the notifications (considered the best).
• Sometimes the user stops using your website or maybe they had
abandoned a product in the cart for a long time. Thus, come your
duty to send them an email or a push notification to remind them so
that they can come back.
30. 14. Final Checkout
• This is the major and the trickiest part. Here comes the customer’s
journey to an end. Now with all the purchase the user will now
checkout from the webpage, this is the time of the payment and the
• Make the payment process easy and hassle-free for the customer so
that they won’t abandon the cart.
• Don’t put in many form fields or ask for irrelevant details. Keep it
simple with interactive CTA’s.
• By the end of this blog, you must be a Conversion Rate
Optimization expert by now. Implement all the points onto your
website, look for the Best Marketing Automation Tool Providers in the
industry and wait for the customers to turn in.