SEO is constantly changing and what we see in the last couple of years is moving away from the technical aspect of SEO to the direction of inbound and content marketing. However, is it really time to ignore tech premise of SEO?
5. How search engines
• They use software, named “web crawlers” to
discover publicly available pages on the Internet.
• Crawlers follow paths (links).
• They are jumping from page to page and collect
all kinds of data.
• Google is a search engine based on links.
6. How search engines work?
• Huge amount of data has to be
• That process is called parsing
• Organization of data is called indexing.
• Data centers are located all over the
• Google crawls exclusively from the US
• All of this has nothing to do with rankings
8. How search engines work?
You are not searching the Internet, you
are just searching Google’s database!
26. Internal linking
• Super important aspect of the on-site SEO
• „Affordable“ way to conrol flow of the SEO
power to the deep pages.
• Flow of the linking:
• From deep pages to category (higher level)
• From top level page to deep pages.
29. Content marketing
• Write unique content
• “Provide value"
• Describe the product or service, how it is used…
• Address common questions
• Collect long tail
• Earn and build links
• Network and mingle
• Don’t be boring
• Homepage ranks for brand name
• Organize logical internal architecture
• Control crawl and index
• Clean-up the mess
• Focus page around single topic (set of keywords)
• Leverage internal linking
• Schema markup (logo, same as, organization, NAP,
breadcrumbs, products, articles)