10. CX UX
By 2019 customer experience will precede price as
deciding factor in buying decisions
13. UX trends
- Micro animations
- Flat 2.0 design
- Optimized interstitial anxiety
- Card and Grid UI’s
- Innovative scrolling and parallax
- Self Service
- Focus on originality
- Omnichannel experience
- 360 Video, Livestreaming
14. Micro animations
• Better hardware and software
• UX becomes clearer
Micro-animations are small, preferably functional
animations that support the user by giving visual
feedback and displaying changes more clearly.
With micro-animations it’s possible to explain a
lot without using a word.
No animation With animation
15. Flat 2.0 design
• Evolution of Flat design
• Adding 3rd dimension
The problem of Flat design was:
• absence of all-important signifiers
(gradients, shadows, underlines, etc.);
• absence of familiar patterns
(blue, underlined text for links, etc.);
• absence of contextual indications
(CTA placement, actionable copy, etc.).
Flat Flat 2.0
16. Optimized Interstitial Anxiety
• Less stress for user
• Use to your advantage
Interstitial anxiety refers to the momentary state
of tension a user experiences between an action
(clicking a button) and a response (moving to
the next page)
17. Card and Grid UI’s
• Cross platform experience
• Intuitive usability
• Easy to browse
• Versatile — cards can be adapted
to almost any style, from minimalist
19. • 86% of customers say
personalization plays a role in their
• Previous interactions, social media,
Personalization is simply creating a user experience
that is customized for each visitor's preferences and
past behaviors. For example, if you have previously
made purchases from an online store, you may be
presented with suggested items based on your
20. Self Service
• Empowering users, solving
problems on their own
• 70% of customers believe company
website should have a self service
• How to videos, FAQ, Knowledge
22. Omnichannel experience
• Cross platform experience
• Content creation per channel
There’s the phone, email, instant chat,
social channels, smartphones and more.
Customers are connecting with
companies in more ways than ever.
23. 360 Video, Live streaming
• New technology for more
• Youtube, Facebook live
Recording - streaming
24. Mobile is going to rule
The smartphone is getting smarter.
And for some, the least important part of the smartphone is the phone.
It is the device customers are using to look at websites, products, reviews and more.
This is an important step in their buying process.
25. 68% say they check their phone within 15
minutes of waking up in the morning.
30% are willing to admit that they actually
get “anxious” when they don’t have their
phone on them.
87% millennials always have their
smartphone at their side, day, and night.
We check our phones 150 times a day.
82% of smartphone users say they consult
their phones on purchases they’re about to
make in a store.
90% of smartphone users are not absolutely
certain of the specific brand they want to
buy when they begin looking for information
83% of B2B marketers said mobile apps
were important to content marketing. 83% of mobile users say that a seamless
experience across all devices is very
30. Short story
• Story about coffee and goats - story easy to remember
• 25.000$ goal, the campaign brought in 458,071$ in 30 days
• 10.000+ Kickstarter backers
• Preorders in following months exceeded expectations
Collecting data, taking users to
Kickstarter campaign page, A/B
Using collected data to prepare a
new landing page + boost pre
Developing a website with
integrated e-commerce and social.
Based on all data collected.
31. 2015 NETKO award of digital excellence
in category Products and brands
32. How are they doing now?
• Great customer following (11k on Instagram, 17k on Facebook)
• Multiple retailers including Amazon, Firebox, ...
• 3 distribution centers (EU, USA, Asia)
• New Kickstarter product - Gina, just about to launch