SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
A description of Scent Marketing, and a fresh perspective on its implementation - Hydroemission
Scent Marketing Solutions
FINE FRAGRANCES IN STORE – AN APPROACH STARTED BY CARTIER IN
The diffusion of fragrances in retails in not a new practice, but the application of a
fragrance identified and reserved for a Brand is a growing trend among Marketers,
Brand Managers and Visual Merchandisers.
Through a signature scent, Scent Marketing connects
consumers to your brand on a whole new level that is
impossible to reach with traditional methods
Different fragrances guide customers at different stages
of engagement (used mostly in hotel industry)
A scented environment leads consumers to stay longer
and spend more.
The most basic usage of fragrances Odor Control! as air fresheners
IF YOU REMOVED YOUR LOGO, WOULD THE CONSUMER RECOGNIZE
There is a significant opportunity to differentiate and gain a leadership positioning
in the customer mind, by leveraging on in-store scenting.
• Humans are able to recall 5% of what we read, but they recall 35% of smells and can
associate them to particular memories or situations
• People’s moods improve 40% when exposed to a pleasant fragrance
… but …
85% of communication with the consumer only happens via audible or visual media
SOME QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS OF SCENT MARKETING!
Many test, cases and examples are available to support the evidence of Scent
Marketing being a extremely effective marketing lever.
• Las Vegas slot players spent 45% more money in a scented environment than those in an
• Between equivalent products, 84% of respondents preferred items presented in scented
• The addition of a scent to a visual ad increased the recall rate 500% above the same ad
without a scent
• Between equivalent products, respondents remember more attributes of products being
presented in scented environment
• When asking customers about their impressions of a DIY store, positive responses rose 50%
after scenting. Staff is even perceived to be harder-working and more knowledgeable.
PRACTICAL ISSUES IN SCENT MARKETING FOR RETAILERS
When a Marketing manager looks into Scent Marketing, the characteristics that he
should look at are: safety, flexibility, invisibility and cost.
A retail manager has enough problems to keep him awake at night, and he doesn’t need
to add any more related to the health of its personnel, leakages or fire hazards.
It is bizarre that after spending so much effort in the
retail design, a manager accepts a black fuming box
standing on the shelves of the store… but it happens.
A Manager may like the concept of Scent Marketing,
but he is constantly firefighting against increasing
costs. It is understandable that he may only want to
allocate a limited budget to Scent Marketing.
The fragrance must be pleasantly and evenly
distributed around the shop.
A MATERIAL SCIENCE COMPANY IN THE FIELD OF SCENT MARKETING
• Established in 2003
• HQ in Singapore, with offices in Hong Kong and Shanghai
• Specializes in controlled release technology applied to Scent Marketing & IAQ
• R&D and manufacturing in Singapore
• Partners with finest fragrance houses in Europe and USA
• International patents filed
• Distributors in Australia, Bahrain, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea,
South Africa, Malaysia, Morocco, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United
Kingdom, United States
AWARDS, RECOGNITION AND SUPPORT
Hydroemission is a technology company applying material science to create innovative
solutions to existing problems.
Best Innovation Award
SEC-Senoko Green Research Affiliation
Innovation Award 2012
IFRA Halal ISO 9001 “Innovative Products”
CONTROLLED RELEASE TECHNOLOGY FOR SCENT DIFFUSION
activated by air
Release of Scent
We only offer what we manufacture in our premises in Singapore, and we only
manufacture products that apply our proprietary controlled release technology.
See the video at: http://www.hydroemission.com/technology/
SCENTFILM™ - AN INNOVATIVE SCENT MARKETING PRODUCT
• Activation by air currents
• No machinery or mechanical installation required
• Signification cost savings
• Invisible after application
• User friendly
• Environmentally friendly
• In solid form
• Easily distributed by air or sea to facilitate
THE SAFEST AND HEALTHIEST APPROACH TO SCENT MARKETING
• No VOC
• Based on natural vaporization
(like a flower or fruit)
• Vapor molecules are in the range of 10 – 20
microns, hence do not enter lungs
• Scent vaporization at room temperatures
ensure scent quality
10 – 20 micron scent particle
1 – 5 micron scent particle