Microsoft word proexport-recetas pork tenderloin with uchuva pesto ingles-
PROEXPORT: Uchuva Recipes
By: Chefs Carmen Angel & Rob Pevitts
*These recipes were designed specifically for ProExport to introduce the Uchuva,
also known as the Cape Gooseberry, to the international marketplace. This
tropical fruit is a versatile, delicious and unique option for an array of culinary
preparations ranging from cocktails and sauces to savory and sweet dishes.
Pork Tenderloin with Uchuva Pesto
for the pesto:
• 150 grams uchuva, roughly chopped
• 50 grams pistachio, finely chopped
• 15 grams cilantro, finely chopped
• 50 grams shallot, finely chopped
• 50 ml. extra virgin olive oil
• for the pork:
• 1,100 grams pork tenderloin, cleaned
• 30 ml. sunflower or grape seed oil
• 60 grams butter
• 100 grams uchuva, sliced
• 12 grams thyme
• 8 garlic cloves
• AN salt and black pepper
• 12 uchuvas, thinly sliced, for garnish
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400˚F (205˚C). In a large bowl, combine the first six
ingredients to prepare the pesto and set aside.
2. Portion the cleaned pork tenderloin into 6 portions and season with salt
and black pepper. Heat a heavy, oven-proof skillet on high heat for 2
minutes and add half the oil.
3. Sear 3 portions of tenderloin and cook until browned on one side. Turn the
meat to sear the other side and add half of the sliced uchuvas, butter,
thyme and garlic and allow the butter to melt completely in the pan. Lower
heat to low. Tilting the pan forward, baste the tenderloins with the butter
uchuva mixture for 2 minutes.
4. Place all ingredients on a plate, clean skillet and repeat cooking procedure
for the other portions of meat. Add the first three portions to the skillet and
place in oven. Cook for approximately 10-12 minutes. Remove the skillet
from the oven and place the tenderloins on a rack to cool for 10 minutes.
5. To serve, the pesto should be at room temperature. Slice the pork into
medallions or serve the portions whole, and place on a serving platter.
Cover generously with the uchuva pesto and garnish with thinly sliced
This pesto can be used with other preparations as well such as roasted chicken
and duck, grilled vegetables and other pork cuts such as loin, chop and roasts.