• People doing searches are 2.5 times more likely to click
after exposure to a brand’s social marketing. - ADWEEK
• is now the #1 way generation Y searches for
businesses. - SOCIALNOMICS
• now drives more traffic to websites than
f - COMPETE
Today, people don’t want to hear from a company
The average person is exposed to 3,000 advertising messages a day!
They want to hear from their friends and peers.
Outbound Vs. Inbound
Traditional media is a one-way street
Read a newspaper or listen to a report on television
Limited ability to give your thoughts on the matter.
Traditional media is a PAID media!
Outbound vs. Inbound
• Social media is a two-way street
• A Web site that doesn't just give you information,
but interacts with you
• It allows the creation and exchange of user-generated content
Social Media is an EARNED Media!
Grape vines are planted.
Vines grow and roots Over time, vines consistently Wine has value —
grow bigger and stronger. produce grapes, which can it can be sold, traded
be made into wine. or donated.
Social Media profiles Each Social Media profiles Each follower is nurtured Trust becomes
created with 0 contacts. attracts a following by one-on-one communication, something of value in
(people opt in). increasing trust and followers. the real world.
What To Choose
Blasts to All
• is the measuring stick for social media and the
• Profile Page vs. Fan Page
• Picture – 540 pixels high by 180 pixels wide
• URL – www.facebook.com/username
• Tabs – www.facebook.com/apps/directory
• Measure Results
• lets users update their location anywhere in
the world using their smart phones.
• Still new
• Claim your business
• Give them an incentive
• Be interactive
• Find your target audience