SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
2. Reasons For Selecting The Product.
3. Brands That Exist In Market.
4. Permissions And Licenses Required.
5. Competitors' USP.
7. Name, Label, Logo, Tag Line.
8. Features of my product.
9. Selling Price Of Competitors.
11. Channels Of Distribution.
13. My Price List.
14. Promotions Programs.
15. Schemes For The Wholesaler And Customer.
16. USP of my Product.
18. Social message for the Label.
19. Marketing Mix.
• Pen has been used as an writing instruments since
ages. The history of pen can be crated back to
1380’s when the first patent on the ball pen was
issued to Petrache Poenaru. Our company has
taken inspiration from the feathers that were used
by Rajas and Rishis’. The flow that it gave to them in
writing different manuscripts is found in our
products. Our pen target different groups, including
grown-ups, kids, and the honchos of the corporate
world. The Pen will surely stand beyond the
expectations of users.
Reasons For Selecting The Product.
• As Student, Following are the reasons:-
1. It is a unique topic and none of my friends have
2. As a Student, I am more connected with it. Therefore
it gives me better understanding of this product.
• As a Company, following are the reasons for selecting
1. Due to the cut throat competition in education, we
feel it our duty to provide the students with the best
of writing tool.
2. We find a great scope to grow in this field.
3. It is a commonly found tool with person of any field.
So we intend to give all the writers the best way of
Permissions And Licenses Required.
• Patent Registrations: Patent rights are given by govt
to the employees for having innovative products.
No companies can copy design, technology, etc. if
the product is secured through patents. The
company has to pay fees to the registrar on the
timely basis till the company wants the patent
• Trade Mark: A part of brand which is given legal
protection is called trade mark. Applying for the
trademark is an easy procedure. The company has
to give the list of brand names for which it needs
trademark. Only one of the name is selected out of
• Classmate pens: ITC forayed into the pen industry with the launch of classmate pens across market
offering the consumer stylish and attractive designs. Classmate pens delivers unmatched comfort
and neat writing experience. Classmate pens are attractive in design and superior in quality. The pens
offer ergonomical grip; precision engineered tips and controlled ink flow. Mechanism to keep the
writing smudge free and writing experience a pleasure. This first took off in the year 2009. ITC
Classmate becomes the first Indian company to join the Global Forest and Trade Network (GFTN).
• Uni-ball pens: The mitsubishi “uni” pens were able to capture large share in the market through the
following value added features in their pen:- the smooth writing experience, the ability to write super
fast, superior resistance, never fades, vivid long staying colours, low viscosity, low smudging and smooth
intense flow. The company use PRODUCT CONCEPT and concentrates on more quality building.
• Cello: Lauded as one of the world's best and India's largest pen manufacturer's and well known for its
dynamism and spirit of innovation. Cello ceaselessly endeavors to bring in the newest and the best of
technology to set new benchmarks in quality and innovates constantly to blaze new trails in the market
place. At Cello, innovation is not just a guiding philosophy, it is a key business process, dynamism and a
defining attitude. Today Cello offers one of the largest range of pens offered by any manufacturer in
• Flair: It attributes innovation & commitment to quality as it core competence. It is exporting to more
than 75 countries across the globe. Flair has expertise for OEM business as well, and its clientele
includes most of the major brands from the field of writing instruments. It has tie ups with some of
the pioneers of writing instruments industry. It has a wide range of product in its competence. 3 of its
own brands FLAIR, LANDMARK, and RUDI KELLNER are conquering the whole world.
• Reynolds: A continuous focus on constant quality and constant endeavor to provide quality products at
affordable prices have ensured it to be in the indian writing instruments market. The company
substantially invest on reaching more customers through T.V., press, radio and other mass media
communications. Market revolutionist has always being tagged to key notes which through continuous
efforts has transformed the writing instruments category from a commodity to a brand dominated
Puzzle Easy Flow
Point Size: .7mm
Tip: Jumbo bulky
Features: Waterproof ink,
Crystal Clear Body, Instaflow Ink
Technology for smooth writing,
ergonomically designed barrel for
smooth and sharp writing,
Point Size: .0.5mm
Tip: Techno Radius
Features: Waterproof ink,
Crystal Clear Body,
Instaflow Ink Technology
for smooth writing,
barrel for smooth and sharp
writing, sweat absorbing.
Puzzle Pens (name)
• Your success is our goal.
Features of my product
• This pen combines the ball point design with the use of
liquid ink and flow systems of fountain pens.
• It’s tip is small sphere of 0.5mm in diameter to give
you best writing experience.
• Puzzle Pens’ needs less pressure to be applied and
• It is smudge free.
• Puzzle pen has the best grip with sweat absorption.
• The puzzle pen with light weighted body gives you the
Luxury of fountain pens and affordability of ball point
• Water proof ink on most of the surfaces.
• Secondary Packaging: Pen will be packed in cylindrical
plastic box (recyclable) with a sponge protection from
both the ends. It will protect the tip of the pen and
would also provide it with support.
• Tertiary Packaging: The pens will be transported in a
hard cardbox carton in following way.
a. Firstly 100 pens will be wrapped in a thin plastic cover.
This packing will be called ‘nod’.
b. Then, these 100 nods will be packed in the hard carton
for final transportation.
c. In this way, it will provide 3-way shield protection and
will protect the pen from all kind of damages.
d. A single hard carton will contain 10 pens.
Channels Of Distribution.
• Our company is selecting indirect channel in that two level
channels for following reasons:-
i. This is most commonly used distribution path where two
intermediaries are adopted by firms to sell the product.
ii. The manufacturer sells the goods in bulk to wholesaler who
sells in small lot to retailers who supply it to ultimate
iii. For less costly products, longer channels are preferred.
iv. Our product is not complex, for simple products longer
channels can be used.
v. Our product is non-perishable so it can be distributed with
vi. This Company is new, therefore, long channels are
• The company has appointed C&F ( Cleaning and
Forwarding ) agents in various states like Rajasthan,
Maharashtra, M.P., Karnataka, Goa, and Tamil Nadu.
The goods will be dispatched to wholesalers and
retailers through the distributors. Therefore, the
stock will be placed in the ware house of various
state under their corresponding C&F agent.
My price list
Wholesalers Retailers Customers
Puzzle Smooth Flow 10 /- 15/- 20/=
Puzzle Executive 40/- 45/- 50/-
• Advertising: It is an important promotional tool which
reaches mass and is economical too.
• We will be giving advertisement on T.V. having a celebrity
with an encouraging personality.
• We Will be giving adds in big posters across public places,
in magazines and in newspaper.
• Personal Selling: The company has tie ups with major
institutions. The representative will distribute the free
sample to the students in different school.
• Sales Promotion: The company is using product
combination as a means of sales promotion. On purchase
of minimum 15 units of pens, the buyer/consumer will get
an Eco-Friendly notebook for FREE.
• Schemes For The Wholesaler And Customer.
• Wholesaler: The company is providing a special
scheme for it’s new release “puzzles”. For All the
wholesalers who will buy more than 1000 units of
pens will get 100 unit of pen FREE.
• Customer: The Customer will get an notebook free
of 150 pages, if he/she buys more than 10units of
pen or buys a whole packet of 20units as a half
USP of my Product
• WE ARE NOT JUST THE BEST PEN MANUFACTURERS
BUT WE ARE THE ONLY THAT…
Has received the ECO HUBBY CERTIFICATE for the
quality of raw materials used.
We assure the writers, 16.5 km non stop writing
Provides a sweat absorption grip – first time with
any of the pen.
Provides 24*7 customer support service.
Firm Grip for Stress-Free writing.
Smudge-free Writing with Water Proof Ink.
• We will use mainly road transport for transporting
our products to various states’ c&f agents. The
vehicle will be able to transport 1,00,000 cartoons
approximately 100 crores pen.
• We have many branches in various states managed
by colleagues. By road, railway transportation, we
will transport our products, to different cities that
will grow our goodwill in the market.
Social message for the Label
• We aspire to be a major brand in writing
instruments WORLDWIDE by producing High quality
pens for the masses.
• Product: My Product is a pen with a techno (sweat absorption) grip. It is a
ball point pen with 0.5 mm stainless steel tip to give the users best flow and
grip will writing. There is collaboration with German technology. The
company has invested more which leads to more innovations.
• Place: The product will be available at all those places which are convenient
for the customers, like any stationery shops, or a supermarket where the
customer can easily reach. We will give free samples to students outside
their school, so that if they like our products then they can purchase it from
their nearby places.
• Price: Price of our pen will be equal to the market price of our competitors.
Three basic pricing strategies are: market skimming pricing, market
penetration pricing and neutral pricing. The 'reference value' (where the
consumer refers to the prices of competing products) and the 'differential
value' (the consumer's view of this product's attributes versus the attributes
of other products) must be taken into account.
• Promotion: We will be giving out the catalogues of our product outside the
schools, giving the advertisement on newspaper or magazines. There is no
season for the promotion of the product because pen is that kind of
product which is used day and night by the customer. Public relation and
effective communication that may use to provide information to different
parties about the product.
1. Do you use pens?
2. Which brand you would prefer?
3. What quality do you see in a good pen?
4. What type of pen you prefer?
5. What are you cost preference?
Rs5 to 10
Rs10 to 20
Rs20 to 50
• I found my marketing project very interesting during my
survey, I found the market share of cello is very high.
On enquiring, I found cello has diverse product line. It
has the divisional structure. It is not maintaining
standardisation which is leading to deterioting quality.
On the other hand, CLASSMATE which follows product
concept has a very good quality control. It focuses only
on quality. This has build up a goodwill of CLASSMATE.
Majority of companies have taken to advertisement for
• Suggestion – I suggest to comply with quality with
affordability to acquire market share and build up
• After doing the project, I understood the importance of
marketing as an important element of management.