VIRTUAL REALITY APPLICATION (cont….)
VIRTUAL REALITY IN MOVIES
Until the End of the World
Positive uses of VR Dangers of VR
Training Disengagement with real
Risk-free experience VR replacing reality
Experiencing things you People preferring VR to
wouldn’t normally be able to reality
Difficulty of distinguishing
Entertainment; fun, artistic between virtual and
expression real, ‘false realities
represented in VR
Telepresence applications Psychological damage;
Possible impacts on real body
CHALLENGES & FUTURE POSSIBILTIES
CHALLENGES FUTURE POSSIBILITES
Virtual reality has been Science fiction literature and
heavily criticized for being film have explored a range of
an inefficient method for futuristic VR technologies and
the experiential opportunities
they may offer.
Virtual experience and virtual
information. identities via memory
Another obstacle is the implants .
headaches due to eye Recording and sharing
RSI can also Result from Games scenarios.
repeated use of the handset Use of VR for deception and
Though the disadvantages of Virtual reality can disturb the
human’s perception ability, it’s advantages in different fields
makes it user friendly.
The sole objective of virtual reality is to give the user an environment as
realistic as possible and a thrilling sensory experience.
The technology of virtual reality is advancing rapidly and it won't be
long before it becomes a most exciting source of entertainment in our
1. "Virtual Reality in medical"- http://nii.nist.gov/pubs/vr-medicine.html
2. “Virtual reality definition”- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality
3 “Virtual reality in military” -http://tech.irt.org/articles/js194/index.html
6. “Virtual reality challenges” -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality#Challenges
7. “Virtual reality types” - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality#VR types
8. “Virtual reality history” - Rheingold, H. (1992). Virtual reality. Mandarin, London
9. “Virtual environment” http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/v/virtual_reality.html
10. Robertson, G. G.; Card, S. K.; McKinley, J. D. Three views of virtual reality:
Non immersive virtual reality. Computer (IEEE). 1993 February; 26 (2): 81-83.
11. Beier, K. "UM-VRL: Virtual Realit: A Short Introduction." September 29, 2001
http://www-vrl.umich.edu/intro/index.html October 30, 2001
"test: evl: research: overview" http://www.evl.uic.edu/research/index.html October 30