Questions for Biostatistics items
1. What is data? What are the types of data?
2. Define variable. What are the types of variables according to
3. What is confounding? Give an example of confounding variable.
4. What is class interval? What sorts of class intervals you should deploy for
discrete and continuous data?
5. Give examples of nominal and ordinal variables.
6. What are the scales of measurement? What is the difference between
interval and ratio scale?
7. What is population and what is sample? What is the purpose of sampling?
8. What is sampling? What is sampling frame? What are the steps of
sampling for quantitative data?
9. What are the types of sampling?
10.What are the differences between stratified random sampling and cluster
11.Name the data presentation technique for qualitative data. How can you
prepare a pie diagram?
12.What are the criteria of an ideal tabular presentation?
13.What are the types of graphs you can prepare for a random quantitative
data? Mention the differences between bar diagram and histogram.
14. What is the other name of cumulative frequency diagram? Name the
types of cumulative frequency diagram.
15.Classify biostatistics. What are the measures of descriptive statistics?
16.What are the measures of central tendency? Name the properties of
17.What are the measures of dispersion?
18.What is an outlier? Which measure of central tendency is sensitive to it
19.Define biostatistics and vital statistics. Name some common vital statistics
of Bangladeshi population.
20.What is standard deviation and what is standard error? What are the
formulas of standard error of mean and standard error of proportion?
21. What is parameter and what is statistic? If population parameter and
expected sample size are given, how can you calculate standard error for
mean and proportion?
22.What is margin of error? What will be the Z value for 95% confidence