SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Presentation Deck from Video Marketing World 2018 (VMW 2018) on YouTube Audience Development and Growing an Audience on YouTube. Presentation by Roberto Blake YouTube Certified Expert and Founder of Awesome Creator Academy,
YOUTUBE AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT (ADVANCED) VIDEO MARKETING WORLD 2018
Presented by Roberto Blake of Awesome Creator Academy
● What Gets Views and Subscribers?
● Triggering the YouTube Algorithm
● Focus on Building Your Audience
● Know Your IDEAL VIEWER
● Channels Getting It Right
● The YOUTUBE SUBSCRIBER FUNNEL
● Tools of the Trade
● Q&A (will answer in the hall if out of time)
● Produced and Edited Over
1200+ YouTube Videos
● Built a community of 340,000+
● Participated in over 1000 Live
● Worked with Brands Including
Adobe, Dell and Samsung.
● YouTube Certified Marketer
What Gets Views and Subscribers?
● Quality Content
● Relevancy to the Target Viewer
● High Click Thru Rates on Titles and Thumbnails
● View Velocity/Watch Time First 1HR/ 24HRS
● Average View Duration on Video
● Average Viewer Retention Rate on Video
● Getting People to Watch More Videos
JUST DO THIS (ALWAYS)
● Upload at at time that makes sense for your
target viewing audience
● Choose your Topic and Title based on what
will capture attention from your tagret
viewers right now
● Optimize your description for Search and
● Optimize your metadata for Search and
Accessibility, with Tags and Closed
● Add your video to a playlist with 5 or more
related videos w/ optimzed title & desc
● Create Thumbnails that get attention
● Format your videos for watch time and
● Promote hardest in first Hour and 24 Hours
Creativity, Consistency, Context
TRIGGERING YOUTUBES ALGORITHM
● Relevancy- Relevant to a specific type of viewer avatar. To opitmize and make
relevancy clear to YouTube focus on Closed Captions, Accessiblity, Relevant
● High CTR- Ratio of Clicks to Impressions on Title/Thumbnail of a Video
● View Velocity/Watch Time Velocity - How many views/ how much watch time your
video gets within the first HOUR and first 24 HOURS of being published.
● High Average View Duration- get as many people watching as much as possible
● Higher Viewer Retention Rates: Get more viewers watching until the end of the video
● Depth of Video Views: Get viewers to watch more videos on YouTube, whether your
channels are or other channels, this generates longer sessions
FOCUS ON BUILDING YOUR AUDIENCE
● Clearly define your audience- know who your viewer is.
● Prioritze, Topic, Title, Thumbnails, Timing, Talent- Pick topics that have the viewers
attention, make titles that will trigger curiosity, thumbnails that are click worthy and
compelling, upload at a time that makes sense, deliver on talent/performance.
● Inventory and Frequency (Upload often, create continuity) Upload related videos, if
they watched video A, video B should be related, Continue this pattern. Deliver on
expecations once you set them. Give them what they signed up for.
● Format and Structure (Hook, Thread, Close), Hook them with the value proposition,
thread - hold their attention and be relatable. Close - finish strong with a compelling
call to action or engagement.
● SET UP YOUR SUBSCRIBER FUNNEL, build a system in terms of your content strategy
for making videos for your ideal viewer, and prepared to trigger the algorithm as a
result of that viewers behavior and patterns.
WHO IS MY VIEWER?
● Demo- Age/Gender/Geography/
● Who are they as a person?
● What has their their attention?
● Why should they watch me?
● When do the watch?
● Where are they watching videos?
● How much time do they have?
● How do they watch my videos?
● What will make them come back?
● Why will they relate to me personally?
● Topics that have their attention
● Titles that are compelling to click
● Thumbnails that create curiosity
● Have a Deep Inventory of Related Videos
● Frequently Post Related Videos
● Format your videos with a strong hook,
thread the story to hold attention, and close
with a strong call to action
● Structure Your Videos to deliver value,
create more curiosity, promote the rest of
your inventory, and trigger engagement
● SET UP YOUR SUBSCRIBER FUNNEL
EXECUTE ON THIS...
● Channel Value Proposition- Topics and Themes
● Gateway Content Based on Viewer Interest
● Series and Playlist Tied to the Gateway Video
● Cross Promotion Between Videos and Playlist
● Collaborations with Similar Channels
● Leverage Related Videos, Your Own and Others
● Strong Hook at Start of Every Video
● Build Notification Squad (ask early)
● Establish Credibility and Communicate Value
● Prioritize View Velocity
● Make Each Video Relate to the Others
BUILD YOUR GATEWAY CONTENT
This content is search
friendly and specific and is
based on user intent and
relevancy. This can create
These videos can tap into
existing communities and
mainstream awareness, and
help you build an initial
audience or grow.
Videos that respond to
news, current events other
creators or media can bring
awareness and build a new
TYPES OF CONTENT ON YOUTUBE
This content is your calling
card. This content is highly
produced and is meant to
reach casual viewers who
have no idea who you are.
This is search friendly
content that owns a specific
problem and offers a
solution. Use this to
education your audience.
This content focuses on
emotional value and can
bring your audience
together and is likely to be
shared with similar people.
● High Watch Time
● Session Time (Binge Watching
● High Click Thru Rates 2-10%
● Retention Rates (50% or higher)
● Optimized Metadata (USE TUBEBUDDY)
● Low Session Ends (Keep People On YouTube)
● Frequent Uploads (3-5 times per week)
● View/Watch Time Velocity (1st 24 hours)