SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is business process
management software that allows an organization to use a
system of integrated applications to manage the business
and automate many back office functions related to
technology, services and human resources.
A person or company offering something for sale,
especially a trader in the street.
There are many Vendors of ERP:-
8 . SAGE
9 . IFS
10. Consona Corp
If you are in the Market for Enterprise Resource
Planning Software (ERP) and you are looking to get
more details on exactly what the JD Edwards
J.D. Edwards World Solution Company or JD Edwards,
abbreviated JDE, was an Enterprise Resource Planning
Products included World for IBM AS/400 minicomputers,
One World for CNC architecture, and JD Edwards Enterprise
Successor: Oracle Corporation
Founded: March 1977, Denver, Colorado, United States
Headquarters: Denver, Colorado, United States
Founders: Dan Gregory, Jack Thompson, C. Edward
• The company name was derived from the initials of
its founders’ names, “J” for Jack Thompson, “D” for
Dan Gregory, and “Edwards” for “Ed” Edward Mc Vaney.
• JD Edwards was the very first ERP solution company and
they got their name by building accounting ERP software
for IBM(International Business Machine) minicomputers
in the late 1970s
• Today, JD Edwards offers a holistic enterprise solution,
helping organizations manage every asset of their
business, including financials, sales, inventory,
manufacturing, human resources, customer relations
and much more.
Exploring JD Edwards Enterprise One Software for
• Within the Enterprise One family, there are over 80
JD Edwards Enterprise One application modules that
can support specific business operations, whether it’s
project management, order management,
reporting needs, or all of the above.
Let’s look at these features more closely
• Financial Management
• Project Management
• Asset Life Cycle Management
• Order Management
• Manufacturing Management
• Financial management is designed to help
streamline finance department processes and
improve financial reporting accuracy.
• Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and
General Ledger accounting can all benefit from
this flexible and collaborative tool that links
seamlessly with all other JD Edwards Enterprise
One Software solutions.
• You can actively manage projects from start
to finish with Enterprise One Project Management.
• This module helps improve the way complex
contracts are managed, streamline repetitive billing
processes for sales and purchasing, and integrate projects
throughout the extended enterprise, to increase financial
control and gain better project performance.
• Asset Lifecycle Management can drive greater
Value from your assets helping with planning,
budgeting, procurement and more.
• Harnessing the power of Capital Asset Management,
Condition-Based Asset Management, Equipment Cost
Analysis and Resource Assignment, businesses can
keep assets running at maximum availability, while
having the ability to tie costs andrevenue generated to
individual key assets.
Asset Lifecycle Management
• Order Management enables order processing to
be streamlined and helps businesses control their
order tracking systems for the lifecycle of the order,
including ordering, fulfillment and tracking.
• The manufacturing module can help businesses
optimize and develop efficient processes to achieve
superior customer satisfaction.
• Enterprise One Manufacturing Management can assist
with the complete manufacturing process, including
pricing and delivery..
• JD Edwards Enterprise One’s reporting solution, One
View Reporting, provides end users with data that can
be easily converted into lists, graphs, tables and charts.
• It is very flexible to accommodate users’ needs
throughout your organization.
• Workforce mobility has become a requirement to remain
competitive in today’s fast-paced business environment.
Mobile devices are being used in all aspects of business not
only as a source of real-time information but also as a way
to improve efficiency and performance.
• Increased mobility is transforming industries
Enterprise One Mobile Solutions deliver
personalized solutions that can be accessed
from anywhere at any time.
There are 3 Generations of ERP Software
• One World
• Enterprise One
JD Edwards Enterprise One
• It is a suite of enterprise resource planning
(ERP) software that is developed and sold by
• JD Edwards EnterpriseOne contains more than
80 separate application modules designed to support
a wide range of business processes.
• The suite includes supply chain management
(SCM) software as well as applications for
financial management, project management,
enterprise asset management, order, manufacturing
and operational reporting.
• The software suite also features mobile
applications that support both iOS and Android and
can be used on smartphones and tablets.
• Enterprise One was originally developed by J.D. Edwards,
an ERP vendor that released the first version of the suite
in 1997 under the name JD Edwards OneWorld.
• The name was changed to JD Edwards Enterprise One
after J.D. Edwards was acquired by PeopleSoft Inc. in 2003.
In 2005, Oracle acquired PeopleSoft, and with it the
JD Edwards technology.
• The following year, Oracle announced that it would
continue to develop and support JD Edwards Enterprise
• Oracle also still markets a separate suite called JD
Edwards World, which was a predecessor to
the Enterprise One line.
• The two product lines share a common application
architecture, but JD Edwards Enterprise One offers
more functionality than JD Edwards World does.
• JD Edwards Enterprise One also includes a Web-based
user interface and runs on multiple hardware platforms,
while World runs only on IBM's System i servers.
These business processes are supported by the
following JDE modules:
• Account Payable
• Account Receivable
• General Accounting
• Inventory Management
• Sales Order Management
Once you've placed that purchase order and the supplier has
done his part, JD Edwards' Accounts Payable lets you "pay the
man", along with all of the other features you need for a
complete payables management system
• Supplier Database Management
• Voucher Processing
• Automatic Payment Processing
• Manual Payment Processing
• "As Of" Reporting
• Integrity Reporting
JD Edwards Accounts Receivables helps you to manage
receivables for goods and services sold to customers. It
maintains a detailed record of invoices, both open and
closed as well as credits due to the customer. When the
customer makes payments, it records these payments
against the correct : Accounts Receivable
(A/R) system include
• Customer Master
• Accounts Receivable Sub-Ledger
• Cash Application
• Credit and Collections Management
• Deduction Processing
• Statement Generation
The General Accounting module lets you set up an accounting
system to record and post journal entries from all the various
modules within JD Edwards: invoices from the Sales Update
process, purchase order receipts from inventory transaction
accounts payable vouchers and checks.You can record these
journal entries in any currency, and youcan even create
balances by both G/L account and currencyfor easier analysis
• Account Management
• Journal Entry Processing
• Automatic Account Reconciliation
• Consolidated Reporting in Any Currency
• Annual Close
• Integrity Reporting
The JD Edwards Inventory Management module is the
"clearinghouse" for all inventory items in the system.
It handles receipts of items from inbound purchase
orders or work orders and provides a real-time view of
items available for sale.
• Stock and Non-stock Item Management
• Item Costs and Prices
• Lot Processing and Serial Number Tracking
• Inventory Transaction Processing
• Tag Counts and Cycle Counts
• Kit Processing
• Product Data Management
• Resource and Capacity Planning
• Material Planning
• Demand Flow® Manufacturing
• Shop Floor Management
• Engineer To Order
• Quality Management
The procurement Management module supports the
acquisition of goods and services required by the enterprise,
either for internal use, manufacturing and assembly, or re-sale
to customers.Purchase orders can be sent to suppliers
using a variety of methods, including EDI, e-mail, FAX and
(yes, people still do it!) hard copies via snail mail.
• Order Entry / Generation
• Approval Processing
• Order Printing / Transmission
• Receipt Processing
• Blanket Orders
• Quotes (RFQs)
• Supplier Management
Sales Order Management is usually the starting
point of the Order to Cash business process.
However, the actual receipt and application of cash
to sales invoices is a part of the Accounts Receivable
module (part of the JDE Financials Suite).
Sales Order Management (SOM)
• Order Entry
• Pick Slip Print
• Ship Confirmation
• Invoice Print
• Sales Update
There are 3 Roles in JD Edward ERP
• Functional Business Analyst
• Technical CNC
• Flexible And Reliable Functionality For A Changing
• Capital Asset Management
• General Ledger: Respond Quickly To Change