SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
The Personal project introduction Powerpoint Presentation
PERSONAL PROJECT !!!!
( GO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!)
THE PERSONAL PROJECT:
• Checks your ability and responsibility to learn something
new, i.e. to be an independent learner.
• Determines your ability to use your knowledge and
skills to investigate and communicate your own
response to issues of your choice.
• Equips you with skills to be a life long learner.
WHAT IS THE PERSONAL PROJECT ?
• A significant creative piece of work or investigative report.
• Undertaken over an extended period of time in the student’s own
• Student initiated but guided and supervised by a teacher.
• Based an issue or topic related to the Areas of Interaction i.e. health
& social , environmental, exploring your creativity and its
consequences, community and service. This will be expressed in a
focus question that will guide your project development. Your
product will be your attempt to offer a solution to this question
• Completed in the final year of the MYP (Year 10).
• Assesses a student’s level of independence and responsibility
applied to a project that addresses an issue of interest, or the
student’s ability to learn something new.
WHAT ARE THE AREAS OF INTERACTION?
Basically the AOIs help you develop a focus for your project. and include:
• Approaches to Learning – focuses on the skills, techniques, methods of effective
learning & communication – e.g. research skills, collecting information from a variety
of sources, using the writing process, structuring your writing to communicate what
you know, etc.
• Community & Service – involvement in an activity that helps someone in the
community- e.g. coaching a sport, a project that draws the community’s attention to
an issue, undertaking a recycling campaign in the community.
• Health & Social Education – deals with physical & mental health; relationships –
e.g. investigating issues associated with drugs, fitness, a sport, self esteem, peer
• Environments – focuses interdependence of human beings and nature and
development. e.g. conservation of endangered species; investigating pollution, global
warming, illegal logging & deforestation, sustainability, alternative energy sources,
• Human Ingenuity– the creative and inventive genius of people; their impact on
society e.g. creating an invention, examining artwork to develop you own technique,
writing poetry, composing songs, learning to play a musical instrument,
How will the Project be Assessed?
• Planning and Development: identity link to AOI, describe, set and then
focus on goals
• Collection of Information/Resource: select, identify, use a variety of
• Choice an Application of Techniques: choose and apply
approach/technique relevant to doing your project.
• Analysis of Information: express thoughts and creativity, imagination
• Organization of the Report: clearly presented and structured
• Analysis of the Process and Outcome; identify, develop and describe
strengths & weaknesses of the project
• Personal Engagement and Attitude: time management and motivation,
application to task
COMPONENTS OF THE PERSONAL PROJECT
The personal project includes:
• A Focus Question / Goal to guide your inquiry. This is based on an
Area Of Interaction.
• A Product which is seen as your attempt to offer a solution to your
focus question / goal.
• A Personal Statement that outlines the knowledge, skills and
processes used to undertake your project. Outline this regularly in
your process journal.
• An Exhibition where you promote your project and the issue you
explored to the wider school community and your parents.
THE PERSONAL PROJECT
• Can be related to you own interests, hobbies or talents.
• Investigates issues you are concerned about related to
an Area of Interaction i.e. social, health, environmental,
creativity and its consequences, community & service
• Is your solution to an issue/ problem expressed in a focus
THE PERSONAL STATEMENT:
• Is a REPORT that gives the details of the
processes and skills used to produce your
project. i.e. the writing process, research skills,
thinking in different ways, working with people,
• Is to be no longer then 4 000 words
The Personal Project Exhibition:
Is a public display drawing
attention to your product and the
issue to which it is related.
Now you really get to shine!!!
THE PERSONAL PROJECT TIMELINE
• THEME – EXPLORING WORLD ISSUES
• Topic Choice:
• Progress Exhibition – Dec.
• Product due – Mid-February.
• Personal Statement draft – Early March
• Personal Statement completed – Mid March
• Personal Project Exhibition – Mid April.