SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Capital One Card Lab Connect Saving Shelter Pets Case Study
What is Capital One
Card Lab Connect?
A free credit card affinity
program that allows you to:
• Create custom credit card designs with your logo
• Market the credit card to your supporters
• Let donors support you simply by completing their
everyday shopping & purchasing.
Who is Saving Shelter Pets?
• Saving Shelter Pets (SSP) is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) animal welfare organization. They
facilitate rescues from high-kill animal shelters and promote spay & neuter, in an
effort to give all pets the chance at life they truly deserve.
• They are a small, all-volunteer organization with supporters and volunteers located
throughout the country. They rely solely on donations to continue their rescue and
Their programs include:
– Rescue & Transport focused on saving cats and dogs from high-kill shelters in
the Southeastern US and moving them to safe, no-kill rescues in the Northeast.
– Puppy Promises not only rescues puppies, but also spays their mother to help
reduce pet overpopulation.
– Bernie’s Buddies helps to treat heartworm positive dogs that are saved through
the Rescue & Transport program.
– Spay & Neuter offers financial assistance to low-income pet owners in several
Ohio and Georgia counties.
Why Credit Card Fundraising?
With Capital One® Card Lab Connect, Saving
Shelter Pets wanted to:
• Provide an alternative to cash donations for donors with
• Test an affinity program typically reserved for larger
national charities with a small, but passionate audience.
• Leverage proven communication channels to promote an
offer that has mass appeal and viral potential.
Saving Shelter Pets used primarily online promotion to spread the
word about the program:
Website Email Marketing
Sample Email Newsletter
Newsletter was sent to approximately 5,000 subscribers
– Used compelling photos that resonate for all interest groups
– Included strong call to action
– Encouraged volunteers spread the word
“[Our volunteers] were very excited about the card designs since they are specific to our charity. ”
– Saving Shelter Pets
Sample Blog Entry
Bulletin was sent to 15,000 on MySpace
“Everyone uses a credit card and a few dollars here and there can really add up!”
– Saving Shelter Pets
• During the pilot program, Saving Shelter Pets had
supporters sign up for the Capital One credit card.
– Card members and volunteers are still actively recruiting other
– Saving Shelter Pets has received donations to help continue the
success of their cause
• The top performing message from their online
communications was the immediate reward for applying
– “Apply today” and “Start earning rewards” were the top
– Saving Shelter Pets will continue to do outreach for the program
via its volunteers to increase awareness
"After only a few months of
participation in the program,
we've received enough money
to fully sponsor two entire
litters of puppies from our
Puppy Promises program."
Visit www.cardlabconnect.com to
learn more or enroll your nonprofit
in Capital One Card Lab Connect