24. SUCCESSFUL SALES RULES
• Start early in the year
• For sponsorship, it’s typically 50/25/25
• Network in your industry
• Join relevant organzations
• Make just 5 calls a day- spread out the task!
• Keep in touch with former sponsors
25. MORE SUCCESSFUL SALES RULES
• Research your competitors/friends
• See what works for them!
• Ask for the order and follow through
• Understand the VALUE of what you’re selling
• Never give up!
• Ask if you can follow up in one year to see if the situation has changed
26. GET EDUCATED
BE SMART ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE OFFERING YOUR SPONSOR
• Learn about potential sponsors’ businesses
• Know the difference between a Sponsor & a Donor
Sponsor- receives a benefit from their contribution
Donor- supports your cause without expected return
28. FIND THE RIGHT FIT
• Think of it as targeted
prospecting instead of random
• What do you have in common
with a potential sponsor?
• What can you offer that will
benefit your sponsors the
29. GET ORGANIZED
MAKE IT EASY FOR YOUR SPONSORS TO LOVE YOU
• Make information about sponsorships clear, concise & available online
• Organize your invoicing
• Allow sponsors to pay online- a digital bonus!
• Add a sponsor’s logo to your website DURING a sponsor meeting!
• Know your businesss
30. GET INVOLVED
FIND THINGS YOU CAN DO TO SUPPORT YOUR SPONSOR’S BUSINESS
• Can you use their product/service at your events?
• Ex: Could use your waste management sponsors services at your events
• Social media giveaways using their products?
• Can you recommend their product/service?
• Can you volunteer or send volunteers to their organization?
50. APP OPPORTUNITIES
• Splash page (opening page)
• Certain App functions—for example an interactive map could
be sponsored by Garmin, dining info by a gourmet restaurant
in the area, etc.
• Banner ads within the app
58. DON’T BE AFRAID OF FREE
We can’t give away the profits!
Maybe you can’t afford NOT to.
Making sponsors feel special will go a long way. Most digital
marketing doesn’t cost you anything but time & effort.
59. • OFFER one social media post, plan to give
two –It’s FREE.
• GIVE unpurchased sponsorship benefits to
an existing sponsor
• SHARE your sponsors’ posts on your
Facebook wall—quickly becoming the
best way to gain exposure on Facebook,
and businesses will appreciate it!
81. ADD VALUE
• Collateral Materials
• Media Exposure
ON SITE EVENT POMOTION
• Logos on Merchandise
• Call outs via PA
• Play commercials
• Tickets to Events
• Recognition Dinners
• VIP Areas
• Your services
WHAT ELSE IS VALUABLE TO YOUR SPONSOR AND WHAT CAN YOU OFFER?
91. OPPORTUNITIES VARY
• Don’t be discouraged!
• Many reasons people partner with you.
• Make sure you’re prepared with the right information when you meet with
THE WORST THING TO DO IS TO SAY I CAN’T!
98. PER TWEET
• You can now view analytics from your twitter account!
• Go to http://analytics.twitter.com/
• Provided because of advertising on Twitter
103. EVENT SURVEY BENEFITS
• Assisting and measuring ROI
• Audience research on recognition/recall
• Audience research on attitude/image
• Post event report/ fulfillment audit
• Leverage ideas for more success in the future
• Could provide audience contact information to sponsors