SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Canning a method of preserving food by heating it inairtight containers. is a sterilization technique that killsmicroorganisms already present on thefish, prevents further microbialcontamination, and inactivates degradativeenzymes.
• Heat destroys organisms that are present in the food that would eventually spoil it.• Proper heating also destroys bacteria, molds, yeast and enzymes that can develop in food even with no air.• Airtight sealing prevents such tiny organisms, molds, and certain kinds of bacteria and yeast from entering containers and spoiling food.
• The seals also prevent the growth of microbes that require oxygen.• A chemical reaction, called oxidation, may occur in food packed if not properly sealed.• Oxidation causes changes in color and flavor of food and may also reduce the vitamin content.
• refers to several group of fish thatSardine belong to the herring family. The name Sardine was given to the fish because it was first caught in Sardinia, an Italian Island in the Mediterranean Sea.• Sardines live in warm ocean waters near the shores of almost all the continent.• The upper part of their body is bluish gray and the lower part is silvery.
Equipments for Canning:• Canning Jars. This should be made of tempered glass that can withstand high temperatures.
• Canning lids and ring bands. These are included when you buy new canning jars. The ring bands may be reused while still in good condition. The lids must be replaced once used because the sealing composition becomes ineffective once it has been used.
• Kettle. This is necessary for sterilizing the bottles. These should be deep enough to cover at least top of jars at least 1 inch of boiling water.
• Steam Pressure Canner. The only home canning device that can apply enough heat to ensure safety in canned foods which are susceptible to spoilage if not properly handled.