SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Does your team run scrum projects; but you haven't been trained in scrum? Are you tasked with creating user stories, but you aren't sure how to write a user story? You got to run scrum! Prior to 2001 the basic issue was that software development framework wasn't working. Projects were not being delivered on time, requirements were not met, costs exceeded budgets, business community was losing confidence in their technology team. In 2001 seventeen software developers met to discuss a lightweight development method. The Agile software development would deliver frequent incremental software with business value with rapid feedback and responding to change. Scrum is an agile framework for software development. Scrum ceremonies are collaborative time boxed events to getting working software delivered. Scrum roles are distinct to a Scrum Master, Product Owner, and the Development Team. The scrum session will provide the participant with an overview of running a project in scrum.
OVERVIEWData Con LA 2019
University of Southern California
Sonia Macias, MBA, CSM, CSPO, PMP, CISA, CPA
B.S. Marshall School of Business, USC
Scrum Master / Product Owner / Project Manager
Global Entertainment Studios: Fox Sports and
Entertainment, Disney, Warner Bros., Universal Studios,
Universal Music Group, Sony Pictures Entertainment
• What is Agile?
• Agile Values
• Agile 12 Principals
• Scrum Team
• Scrum Ceremonies
• Scrum User Story
• Scrum Product Backlog
• Scrum Certifications
AGILE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT HISTORY
Source: PM World360 Magazine
• Long lag times
WHAT IS AGILE?
Framework for software development
Based on the Agile Manifesto set of values and principles
1. Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early
and continuous delivery of valuable software.
2. Welcome changing requirements, even late in
development. Agile processes harness change for the
customer's competitive advantage.
3. Deliver working software frequently, from a couple of
weeks to a couple of months, with a preference to the shorter
4. Business people and developers must work together daily
throughout the project.
5. Build projects around motivated individuals. Give them
the environment and support they need, and trust them to
get the job done.
6. The most efficient and effective method of conveying
information to and within a development team is face-to-
7. Working software is the primary measure of progress.
8. Agile processes promote sustainable development. The
sponsors, developers, and users should be able to maintain a
constant pace indefinitely.
9. Continuous attention to technical excellence and good
design enhances agility.
10. Simplicity--the art of maximizing the amount of work
not done--is essential.
11. The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge
from self-organizing teams.
12. At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become
more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior
S • Teams deliver products in short cycles
• Fast feedback
• Continual improvement
• Rapid adaptation to change
AN AGILE FRAMEWORK
• Maximizes the value
of the product
• Manages the Product
• Deliver an increment of
“Done” product at the end of
• Self organizing
• Servant leader
• Facilitates removing
• Helps everyone unders
Scrum practices, rules
SPRINT IS THE HEART OF THE SCRUM
FRAMEWORK TO GET WORK DONE
• Team planning meeting to determine the work to complete in the
• Monthly planning and re-planning
Daily Stand Up (Scrum)
• Transparency, knowledge, and communication
• Time-boxed 15 minutes
What did you do yesterday? (Jira Story #)
What will you do today? (Jira Story #)
Are there any blockers in your way? (Jira Story #)
DEMONSTRATE THE DONE FUNCTIONALITY
Demo completed work done in Sprint
Product Owner accepts/rejects User Story based on acceptance
Inspection and create a plan for improvement
1. What worked well for us?
2. What did not work well for us?
3. What actions can we take to improve our process going
Requirement for any functionality or feature
• “As a <user role/customer>, I want to < goal to be accomplished> so
that I can <reason of the goal>”.
• Example: As an Ad Sales Planner, I want to enter the Deal Number
in the Ad Sales dashboard, so that I can search the ad sales by deal
Accepted conditions or business rules which the functionality or
feature should satisfy and meet
“Given some precondition, when I do some action, then I
expect the result”.
Example: When I open the Ad Sales dashboard and enter the deal
number, then the ad sales by deal number displays.
Estimate User Story Points – 1 point = 1 day or less of work, 4
points = 4 days of work or less
• Create user stories, plan sprints, and distribute tasks
across Scrum team
• Landing Page for project and team wiki
• Track Scrum Ceremonies, Sprint Scrum status
• Tightly integrated with Jira
Distinguish yourself as a Scrum practitioner.
Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Certified Product Owner (CSPO)
Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
Scrum Alliance training courses:
Agile Alliance. (2019). Principles based on the Agile Manifesto.
Retrieved from https://www.agilealliance.org/agile101/practices-timeline/
Schwaber, K., Sutherland, J. (2017, November). The Definitive Guide to Scrum: The Rules of
the Game. The Scrum Guide. Retrieved from
Scrum Alliance. (2018). Scrum Alliance. Retrieved from https://www.scrumalliance.org/
Software Testing Help. (2018). What is User Story and Testing Acceptance Criteria
(Examples). Retrieved from https://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/user-story-acceptance-
DATA CON LA
PARTICIPANTS & USC!