The branch of science dealing with the study of all
the life processes such as control and coordination
within a living organism is called Biochemistry.
Applied Biochemistry is the part of
biochemistry where knowledge and methods
related to biochemistry are applied to real
world problems like to investigate cause of
diseases in medicine, to study effect of
nutritional deficiencies and so on………
• Biochemistry is a discipline of Chemistry that deals
with the chemical composition of living organisms.
• It deals with interactions between living organic cells
and their surrounding fluids/matter and is the study of
important chemical processes occurring within living
On Completion Of The Course, The Students Will Be Able To
1. Describe the metabolism of carbohydrates
and its alterations.
2. Explain the metabolism of lipids and its
3. Explain the metabolism of proteins and amino
acids and its alterations.
4. Explain clinical enzymology in various disease
On completion of the course, the students will be able to
5. Explain acid base balance, imbalance and its clinical
6. Describe the metabolism of hemoglobin and its
7. Explain different function tests and interpret the
8. Explain the immunochemistry.