Soyez le premier à aimer ceci
The challenge was:
In 1940’s a symphony orchestra came to Bayburt. A foreigner committee would be coming to watch the orchestra and to observe the reactions of the people. In order not to be ashamed in committees view, they taught people of Bayburt how to listen silently and where to applaud the orchestra.
Committee watched the orchestra with the people of Bayburt and appreciated their attitude. One of the members of the committee asked and old man “You know about music well.” and the old man who got tired of all these training replied: “Bayburt had never seen such an oppression before.”
As you see above, in Turkey people don’t have positive feelings towards classical western music.
%96 of Turkish never go to opera or ballet.
%73 of Turkish people never go to any concerts.
%24 of Turkish people never listen any kind of music.
%80 of Turkish people watch TV everyday.
Also, most of the auditoriums in Anatolia are not sufficient to perform.
There are 23 conservatoires in Turkey.
A plurivocal music which is not adopted as own and perceived as “alien, snobbish and time to time oppressive” among Turkey.
A common social activity that people enjoy to engage in with whole family, instead of staying at home watching TV.
- All teams must produce a maximum 2 page written brief
- The brief should basically contain:
- Details of your strategy to turn a not-adopted as own music type into a common social activity
- Target Audience and how it relates to classical western music
- Guidelines for the creation of the classical western music’s visual world and logo?
- Tone of Voice
- Deliverables – what is to be used to give the audience the message? What is the best way or place to reach this audience?
- Timeline – How soon is this needed? When is it expected to be done?
- Budget – How much can be spent to get this developed?
- The jury will be given your brief ahead of your presentation and will have time to review it before you present
- Each team has 5 minutes to deliver their brief
- You may use a maximum 10 slides in your presentation
- The jury have up to 5 minutes to ask you questions
What are the jury looking for?
- Clarity of written brief
- Clarity of what you are asking the ‘agency’ to create
- How well you inspire the ‘agency’ to do their best work