SHARAD V NAIK │ LEAD CONSULTANT - PROCESS │ 35+ YRS EXPERIENCE
Qualified Process Engineer having 35+ years of extensive experience in various stages of
design such as Pre-Conceptual, Conceptual, Pre-FEED, FEED, Detailed Design,
Independent Design Assessment for Green Fields, Brown Fields and Debottlenecking
projects forOffshore&OnshoreOil&GasfieldprojectsincludingRefinery &Petrochemicalunits,
Tank farm facilities and allied industries. Having strong background in carrying out all process
engineering activities, well versed with preparation of all process deliverables and served in
varioustechnical level andleadteam ofEngineersinreputeddesignorganisation.
– Preparation and review of Block Flow Diagrams (BFDs), Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Piping &
Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs),Utility Flow Diagrams (UFDs).
– Responsible for the preparation and review of the Process Design Basis, Process Description,
– Generating and review of Process simulation, Heat & Material Balance and preparing equipment
data sheets, fluid list, equipment list, line list and utility summary.
– Performthe Inlet separator & other process equipment sizing calculations.Evaluation of licensors
– Preparation of Fluid List/Equipment List/Line List/Chemical Consumption Summary/Utility
Consumption Summary/ Vapour Losses summary/Load List/Hazardous Area Source List etc
– Feasibility Report and Conceptual design of Flare Gas Monetization project.
– Performthe Multi phase hydraulic calculationin the flow lines and main process lines.
– Demonstrating skill and completing sizing calculations for pressure safety valves and thermal
relief valvesfor various process scenarios including fire case.
– Perform the dynamic depressurization calculation for flow line, well head casing, lift gas injection
line and Inlet separator using Aspen HYSYS.
– Participating in HAZOP,HAZID and SIL studies and managing HAZOP actions close out.
– Successfully managing proposals, reviewing invitationto bid documents, delivering process outputs
to other disciplines, and preparing FEEDverificationreport.
– Fully accountablefor the accurate checkingof vendor documents, estimating project scope of work,
man hours and schedules.
– Attend the weekly progress meeting withprojectmanagement team.
– Process Consultant (Jan 2014 - Till Date)
– Chemtex Engineering of India Ltd, Mumbai, as Chief Engineer (Aug 2011 to Dec 2013)
– Daelim Industrial Co., Ltd, Korea as a Sr. Process Engineer (Aug 2010 to July 2011)
– NeilSoft Ltd (Industrial ProjectsPractice) as a Engineering Manager (July 2008 to July 2010)
– UHDE India Ltd, Pune, Maharashtra, India as a Process Manager- (July 2006 to May 2008)
– Hyundai Engineering Company, Ltd., Seoul, South Korea as an Sr ProcessEngineer (July 2002 to Feb
– M/S. ToyoEngineering of India Ltd. ToyoHouse, Kanjurmarg, Mumbai, India as a Lead Process Engineer
(May 2001 to Jun 2002)
– M/s. Chemtex Engineering of India Ltd., Mumbai, as a Lead Process Engineer (Feb 1991 to April 2001)
– IBI Chematur (Engg.AndConsy.) Ltd, Mumbai as a Sr. ProcessEngineer (May 1989 to Jan 1991)
– Hindustan Organic Chemicals Ltd. Rasayani, Mumbai.as a plant Engineer (July 1985 to April 1989)
– B.E - Chemical Engineering, B.U .D.C.T Mumbai
– Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage project, KOC through WQUINOX,India
– Natural Gas Conditioning Skid For Nirmal Industries, Mumbai
– Raw Bitumen & Gas Oil Mixing plant for production of Cut BackBitumen (Grade MC 70) for PMECH,
– ENCANA & Advantage Gas Processing Plants, Equinox India through Equinox Canada
– Feasibility Report and Conceptual design of Flare Gas Monetization project (Conversion of Methane to
Methanol) for client in Iraq.
– Basic and detailed engineering forsulphur recovery unit forHPCL refinery
– Detailed engineering forAramco SRU project.
– Engineering Procurement and constructionof offsite/utility package forpolyacetal resin plant Project,
– FEEDpackage preparation & costestimate VGOHDT refining unit Project, IOCL, Vadodra
– FEEDpackage preparation poly propylene plant Project,Egypt
– FEEDand detailed engineering for VGO Hydrotreater, ATF MEROX, LPGMEROX Project,IOCL
– Crude Export facilities project,KOC
– Indonesia CNG Utilization project feasibility
– BTIP SHELL (SPDC)Crude Oil Handling ,Processing and Transfer project in Nigeria
– PMC job forIRDS (IOCL, Baroda), Refinery section Diesel Hydrotreating Unit (DHDT).
– PolyesterPlant in “GAUONZHOU”,CHINA,ProducingTextile Grade Chips.
– Preparing Design Basis / Design Philosophy and Developing BFD, PFD, P&ID,and UFD with respect
to process & client specification.
– Conversant with ProcessEquipment sizing.
– PSV Sizing, Depressurization Calculation & Flare header sizing using Aspen FLARENET.
– Design optimization and value engineering of proposed design.
– Hands on experience Finalization of requirements of various utilities package forthe project
– Excellentexposure and hands on experience on Hydraulic calculationforcriticalcircuits
– Selection of Pumps and Motors, Control Valves and Instrument forProcess parameters
– Excellent exposure of international standards like ASME, API, Saudi Aramco, Shell DEP & NORSOK.
– Participating in HAZOP & HAZID analysis study for various process applications.
– Sizing of Storage Tanks (capacity, dimensions, MOC etc.) based on considerations like raw material and
products logistics, production and consumptions, inventory required and Blending calculations where
– Design of PetroleumProductsStorageterminal withCrude Oil/Naphtha/Diesel/Gasoline/NHTFeed Stock
internal floating roof tanks, blending facilities, loading/unloading facilities, vapour recovery unit and
associated utilities and offsitefacilities.
– Design of Acids/Solvents Storage tanks Terminal with Hydrochloric Acid (dilute)/Caustic
Solution/Sulphuric Acid/Hydrofluoric Acid/Nitric Acid fixed roof storage tanks, loading/unloading
facilities,vapour recovery (scrubbing) system,and associated utilities and offsitefacilities.
– Hydraulic calculationsof loading/unloading pumps, pipelines, long distance pipelines.
– Blanket gas requirements (pumping-in/pumping-out), annual vapour loss calculations, conservation
vents sizing, PSV sizing, controlvalvesizing etc.
– Surge/Transient analysis and recommendations for long distance piping where ship unloading was
– Heat Exchanger Sizing and otherProcess equipment sizing
– Technical bid Evaluations of vendor offers forvarious equipments.
– Design/Preparation of process Data, process sheets for various Mechanical / Rotary Equipments like
Tanks, Heat Exchangers, Columns, Filters, pumps etc. preparation of Instrument Data sheets, relief
capacity calculations and specifications forsafety valves
– Preparation of pre-commissioning / operating manual. Erection/ start-up / commissioning assistance.