What are the most common "drag you down, get in
the way of success" thoughts?
• Blame/ Fault
Ex: Husband’s coming home late
• Speculation 1: go drinking with
friends? go dating with secretary ?
car accident? ...
+ face reflects anxiety, stress,
+ words show irritability, restlessness,
+ action: call neighbors, parents, friends,
and when no results feel restless and
- Relationships: bother others.
- Atmosphere: tense, angry and
Ex: Husband’s coming home late
• Speculation 2: urgent
meeting? meet friends
to build up a social
relationship? go for
10 Characteristics of Positive Thinking People
• 1. They see problems as challenges.
• 2. They enjoy their lives.
• 3. They always open their minds to welcome ideas and
• 4. They immediately expel any negative thought as soon as
it crosses their minds.
• 5. They count their blessing.
• 6. They don’t listen to gossips.
• 7. They don’t make excuses but act straightaway.
• 8. They apply positive way of speaking.
• 9. They carry positive body language.
• 10. They care about their self image.
10 Benefits of Positive Thinking
• Better stress management
• Better health
• Self Confidence
• Better Decision Making
• Increases Focus
• Improves Time management.
• More Success in Life.
• Attracts good things
• Less Fear
• A happier life
• Set a positive commitment
to yourself, for education,
for work or anything else
and do it enthusiastically
- I will exercise every
morning to enhance their
- I will learn how to use E-
learning for my curriculum
- I am determined to spend
some time reading to my
little daughter before she
goes to sleep
- I will get up soon as I
heard the bell alarm clock ...
• Keep your mind focused on
the important and meaningful.
• Always be honest with
yourself, check if you have
(not) done what you planned
• Always keep your mind
towards the positive thinking,
when detecting negative
thoughts quickly replace them
with positive thoughts.
• Couragely change old
thoughts every day
• Try learning new things,
look at different options
- Go home by a
- Try to cook new foods
• Positive thinking helps with stress
management and can even improve your
health. Overcome negative self-talk by
recognizing it and practicing with some
• Positive thinking enhances focus on your job
and can help to reduce the chance of
Understanding positive thinking and self-talk
• Self-talk is the endless stream of thoughts that run through
your head every day. These automatic thoughts can be
positive or negative. Some of your self-talk comes from logic
and reason. Other self-talk may arise from misconceptions
that you create because of lack of information.
• If the thoughts that run through your head are mostly
negative, your outlook on life is likely pessimistic. If your
thoughts are mostly positive, you're likely an optimist —
someone who practices positive thinking.
How positive thinking gives way to negative
• But what if your self-talk is mainly negative?
That doesn't mean you're doomed to an
unhappy life. Negative self-talk just means
that your own misperceptions, lack of
information and distorted ideas have
overpowered your capacity for logic and
Some common forms of negative and irrational
• Filtering. You magnify the negative aspects of a
situation and filter out all of the positive ones
• Personalizing. When something bad occurs, you
automatically blame yourself.
• Catastrophizing. You automatically anticipate the
• Polarizing. You see things only as either good or bad,
black or white.
You can learn positive thinking
• Instead of giving in to these kinds of negative
self-talk, weed out misconceptions and
irrational thinking and then challenge them
with rational, positive thoughts. When you do
this, your self-talk will gradually become
realistic and self-affirming — you engage in
• Periodically during the day, stop and evaluate
what you're thinking. If you find that your
thoughts are mainly negative, try to find a way
to put a positive spin on them.
• Don't say anything to yourself that you
wouldn't say to anyone else.
Negative self-talk Positive spin
I've never done it before It's an opportunity to learn
It's too complicated I'll tackle it from a different
I don't have the resources Necessity is the mother of
There's not enough time Let's re-evaluate some
There's no way it will work I can try to make it work.
No one bothers to
communicate with me
I'll see if I can open the
channels of communication.
• You owe it to yourself to react positively!
• You owe it to yourself to work safely!
• You owe it to yourself and your loved ones to
- Learning how to motivate and encourage
- Learn how to develop problem-solving skills,
- Learn to relax and reward themselves for their
- See the movie and has positive elements,
listening to music fun, enjoy the beautiful photos.
- Exchange with more than others
- Make connections with people who have
• - Keep smiling, enthusiastic
- Always look on the
positive side of an issue
- Always find at least one
more thing to learn from
- Do not leave stagnant job
from day to day
- Be confident in yourself in
work and life
- If you have problems and
not pass, ask those more
• Be optimistic and expect favorable outcomes in
• Find reasons to smile more often.
• Visualize only what you want to happen.
• Engage yourself in enjoyable recreational
• Read inspiring and quotes.
• Follow a healthy lifestyle.
• Exercise at least three times a week.
• Associate yourself with happy people.