SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
ALEX PRAVEEN KUMAR (13AD02)
JAI SARATHI KRISHNA A (13AD15)
KARTHIK G (13AD18)
PREM KUMAR C (13AD28)
SIVAKUMAR G (13AD35)
• Amazon.com, Inc. founded in 1994 by Jeff Bezos.
• American electronic commerce company with
headquarters in Seattle, Washington.
• Started as an online bookstore and diversified to
selling DVDs, CDs, electronics, apparels, furniture,
• Serving in 7 countries, 21 fulfilment centres and
globally more than 9 million square feet of
• It wants to be the “world’s most customer-
centric” company and so their focus is on the
“Customer Service” as a part of the value
• Offers lowest possible prices to their
customers through low everyday product
pricing and free shipping offers, including
through membership in Amazon Prime.
• Goods are received from the Amazon suppliers.
• They are stored until there are needed to sale online
• Includes separate fulfilment centresOperations
• Goods are now finished and need to be sent along
the supply chain to final customersOutbound Logistics
• Focus on marketing and promotion mixSales & marketing
• Includes web training, complaints handling and after
• Responsible for outsourcing and e-purchasingProcurement
• Includes high investments in technology
• Manages recruitment and selection, training and
development and rewards and remuneration
• Single platform
Some of Amazon's competitive advantages from a value chain
• Strong technological infrastructure with a single platform
• High investments in technology development (e.g., Kindle) to
best leverage digital products
• Great product forecasting system
• Print on demand
• Constantly soliciting suggestions on new products
• Easy and fast payment system
• 24 hour operations
• Free returns within 30 days
• Alibaba Group Holding Limited founded in
1999 by Jack Ma.
• Chinese e-commerce company that
provides consumer-to-consumer, business-to-
consumer and business-to-business sales
services via web portals.
• Provides electronic payment services,
shopping search engine and cloud computing
Value is created here because a website is provided to our customers, which has a
reputation of being reliable, where they can establish their presence online.
(Firm Infrastructure, Inbound Logistics)
Value is created by filtering out listings for buyers and suppliers so they only need
to look through the listings which meet their needs. (Technological Development)
Helps suppliers to buy additional keywords to improve their rankings in the listings.
(Marketing & Sales)
Steps 3 and 4
Value is created in these steps by providing buyers and suppliers with a safe and
secure place which they can trust, where they can communicate with each
other and negotiate deals.
Value is created here by giving customers the convenience of placing their
orders and paying for their orders through our website.
(Procurement and Outbound Logistics)
In this step, value is created for customers by keeping records of their purchase
and selling history for them and letting them maintain their relationships using