2. Value proposition of LinkedIn
“A value proposition is the explicit or implicit promise made by a company to its customers that it will
deliver a particular bundle of value-creating benefits...”
LinkedIn Value Proposition is:
We enable professionals to build and manage their identities; create and leverage their professional networks;
and gain the knowledge they need to be more successful in their careers, across multiple screens and devices
Largest networking site available.
Provide a way to connect with other professionals.
Its use to share ideas, employment opportunities, knowledge and help individuals
to expand their network.
Type of members:
Free users - Limited access
Premium users - Full access, better positioning and view options
3. LinkedIn platform usage
Registered members in 2016
Results found in: statista.com/statistics/272783/linkedins-membership-worldwide-by-country/
Ladies are are more prone to use visual social
networks like Instagram and Pinterest seeing more
growth by comparison to men.
On the other hand, LinkedIn growth among
Canadian males is almost double the growth of women
using the network.
● It’s in the top five of the social media used in
● It’s 8% more likely to be used by men and woman.
● The most frequent users are amongst 25 and 44
If we take a look on how Canadians interact with
Companies online, we will find that:
● Business website - 30%
● Discuss with family and friend - 18%
● Follow company on Facebook - 16%
● Follow company on Instagram - 5%
● Follow companies on linkedIn - 4%
4. Why should companies use LinkedIn?
Being LinkedIn a place to share ideas, employment opportunities, knowledge and help individuals to expand their
There are several reasons why a company should use linkedIn:
• First, a linkedin page provide the opportunity to tell the company story, set the tone of the organization,
engage with followers, share careers opportunities and promote word of mouth.
• The company can create and share content that benefit followers and non followers.
• It give the chance to introduce and promote services the company has created.
• Companies can find job candidates who can make a significant contribution to your business success. In
addition it helps HHRR when they have to evaluate future candidates.
• The companies can search what the competitors are doing
• LinkedIn helps and improve your ranking in the SE, therefore increasing the visitors.
5. Optimal days and time to post in LinkedIn
Optimal days and time to post refers to when is your particular target audience is likely to notice the content that
you or a company is sharing.
Any time that someone shows content in their social media, what they are looking is to drive impact and
engagement, LinkedIn in this way is very much the same.
For domestic users and corporate entities the best
days to post content on LinkedIn are:
● Between Tuesday and Thursday.
● Either early in the morning, lunchtime or early
evening, with an additional, bonus sweet spot
between 10am and 11am on Tuesday.
Easy, remember that most of the people that use social media are people that are
working. Therefore the very specific times and days frame
6. How do we know linkedIn works?
There are input metrics that the company or domestic user can utilize in order to determined if these is word
using or not
• Total connection - This is the total of your network size
• Level of new invitation - This are individuals or companies that invite to become part of your network.
• Linkedin profile views - This are the number of individuals that have seen your profile.
• Endorsed skills - Skills can be listed and people from your network can endorse it
• Likes and comments - In content posted
• Jobs offer - By tracking how many job proposal are offered and reveived
7. Analytics tools for LinkedIn
LinkedIn Hootsuite Analytics Brandwatch
Provides company pages with
Company page administrator on
your LinkedIn business account
Compare LinkedIn metrics with
other social media profiles
Build unlimited reports with
Social listening tool to handle
Metadata, provides deeper
analysis of location, positive and
negative sentiments, demographic
No cost involved as you have to
create your company page
Minimum $19 and maximum
$499/month, depends upon users
Minimum $500 and maximum
$2000/month, Enterprise/M and
What can we measure with LinkedIn Analytics?
● Followers Acquired
● Their Demographics
● Their Trends
● Page Views
● Career Page Clicks
● Unique Visitors
8. LinkedIn is beneficial for B2B or B2C organization
LinkedIn is beneficial for B2B organization who are selling their product and services to business. Reasons for
this statement are :
1. Their target audience is here: LinkedIn is third most used social network after Facebook and Twitter.
According to Salesforce State of Marketing Report 62% of business are on LinkedIn.
2. Target Audience is paying attention: it is the social network used by professional who pay more
attention on how they can expand their business more. They always try to find new opportunities for their
business. As the user of the LinkedIn are either business employees or professional searching for the
3. Best site for B2B lead generation: Hubspot study determined that its most effective site at lead
generation than Facebook and Twitter.
4. Business and Personal Profiles are full filled: On LinkedIn many companies look actively for the
products you are selling. If your business and personal profiles are properly updated with right keywords
then leads actively find products and services you are offerings.
5. Top social site to launch their products: 81% of B2B marketers uses LinkedIn for launching their
products than Facebook and Twitter.
6. Valuable insight about their target audience: It gives very useful insights about your target audience.
It let us know about our potential customer struggles.
9. Example of organization used LinkedIn
● Coca- Cola is the world’s largest beverage company.
Offering more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
● They use LinkedIn for sharing their journey and consumer
experiences stories to tell the value of the brand.
● they use LinkedIn page as Digital Magazine that churned
out 2,000 stories.
● There 59% magazine's audience is 18-35 year old demographics and company followers with
● It is more as professional social network versus social network
● They measure with clickthrough rate on story links they publish
● Their audience are more professional.
● As on LinkedIn there are more business professional, business innovation, jobs and workplace stuff.
10. Expected cost for organization to use LinkedIn
The cost to be incurred by any organization to use LinkedIn as social network are:
● Stay touch with
● Learn new skills
to build your
● Comparing with
Business Sales Hiring
● Find and contact
● Promote and
● Learn more skills
● Find leads and
accounts in your
● Get real time
● Build trust and
● Find great
● Contact top talent
11. How can a company get started with a LinkedIn business
If company searches on google they provide the link:
If company searches on steps on youtube to make the page:
LinkedIn itself provide steps to create business page:
They also help with providing marketing solutions: