2. Production Modeling India
Since last 9 years consulting in ..
• As-Built Services
• Discrete Event Simulation
• Industrial Engineering
• Productivity Solutions
3. Your Partner in Productivity Improvement
• Headquartered at Nagpur (Maharashtra)
• 100+ projects successfully completed with
Leading OEMs and Tier Suppliers
• 25+ Team Size including
• Subject Matter Experts
• Qualified Professionals
• Cross trained Engineers
• Experience of working with Global OEMs
6. Your Partner in Productivity Improvement
Typical Laser Scanner Specifications:
• Accuracy ~ 4mm across span of 50m
• 0.5 – 1 million x,y,z points per second
• 10 mins. Per 360 x 310 revolution at 70m.
• Covers 15,000 (+/- 20 %) sq ft per day
3D Laser Scanning – What is it
7. Your Partner in Productivity Improvement
Field Checking – Defined and Why
Defined - Document the existing conditions of a facility.
Obvious, but important statements:
• Required activity for any project.
• Required accuracy goes up as cost of project goes up.
• Shareable information saves money
• Missed information costs money
8. Your Partner in Productivity Improvement
It is no longer an experiment
o Lower Costs
o Technology advancements = easier to capture, convert, and use.
o Service Providers have emerged.
o Cloud to Cloud Registration
Emerging Software Capabilities
Autodesk 2013/2014 capabilities with Point Cloud
Host of 3rd Party Solutions
- Conversion Aids, .e57
- Reverse Engineering Services
9. Your Partner in Productivity Improvement
Field Checking – Yesterday - Past
10. Your Partner in Productivity Improvement
Field Checking – Today -> Future
11. Your Partner in Productivity Improvement
Accurate data and exact measurements
All data is captured
Advanced decision making
Data is quickly available to entire team
Reduce costs and schedule savings
Reduce job site interruption
Laser Scanning Process ROI
Perform One Field Check, One Time for EVERYONE.
Drive Field Change orders down to 1% of project costs.
Summary – Reduce / Eliminate Project Risks - Accelerate Schedules
12. Your Partner in Productivity Improvement
Field Checking Through Laser Scanning
• Reduce time onsite for inspection.
• Can easily capture all the items in a 50’x50’ bay in one hour.
• Undisputed Accuracy – 4mm over 50m
• Ability to view, measure by anyone, anytime, even during meetings.
• Data acquired has multiple uses and sharing capability.
• Enables change and shorten your design processes.
13. Your Partner in Productivity Improvement
Workflow For Laser Scanning Project
Scope & Deliverables of
Submission of Detailed
Issue of PO Finalizing Project Start Date
Travel to Project Site
Travel back to PMI Office
Complete CAD Modeling
Final Results presentation in
required .dwg format
Site Survery & Carry out
Complete Registration of
14. Your Partner in Productivity Improvement
Laser Scanning Process
1. Plan 2. Scan 3. Register
4. Export / Import5. Point Cloud6. CAD Conversion
15. Your Partner in Productivity Improvement
o Scanner – FARO FOCUS 3D x120
o The ultra-portable Focus3D X120 enables fast, straightforward, and
accurate measurements of objects and buildings. It records
architectural façades, complex structures, production and supply
facilities, accident sites, and large-volume components.
o Range Focus3D X 120: 0.6 – 120m
o Measurement speed: up to 976,000 points/second
o Ranging error: ± 4mm
o Weight: 5.2kg
o Multi-Sensor: GPS, Compass, Height Sensor, Dual Axis Compensator
o Size: 240 x 200 x 100mm
16. Your Partner in Productivity Improvement
o Software Detail
- Factory Design Suite
o Autodesk Inventor
o Autodesk ReCap
o AutoCAD Architecture
- SIEMENS Factory CAD
17. Your Partner in Productivity Improvement
Application of 3D Laser Scanning Across…
o Power Generation
o Pulp & Paper
o Shipbuilding Architecture &
o Heavy Machinery
o Hydro Power
o Bulk Material Handling Conveyors
o Cost Index for Pneumatic
o Crushing, Pulverizing, and Screening
o Structural Steel
o Carbon Steel Pipe and Tubing
o Heat Ex-changers and Condensers
o Fin-Tube Heat Ex-changers
o Power and Distribution Transformers
o Gas Turbines
18. Your Partner in Productivity Improvement
o Accurate as built 3D CAD models of your existing facility including:
• External Boundary Walls
• Internal Equipments & Special purpose machines
• Overhead Structures, HVAC
• Piping, Ducts & Chutes
• All Conveyors & Material Handling Equipment.
o High Speed and accuracy as compared to traditional methods.
• Scanning captures 360° Horizontal & 310° Vertical View.
• +/- 4mm accuracy over 40 mtrs.
o Ideal For:
• 3D Visualization & Walkthrough.
• Layout Engineering
• Feasibility Study to Validate proposed changes / modifications
• As-is documentation & Future expansions
• Creating Plant layout - 3D model
• Updating 2D and 3D layout and GA drawing
19. Your Partner in Productivity Improvement
Input Data Requirement for Commercial Proposal
o Dimension of Area under Scope (Floor / level wise)
o Pictures / Images of Area under Scope.
o Level of Detail to be captured
o Process equipment / Piping details (Through images)
o Confirmation on Minimum working onsite (Assumed to be minimum 8hrs)
20. Your Partner in Productivity Improvement
o Scanned Point Cloud File in .FLS format (Compatible with FARO SCENE Free Viewer)
o Colored Point Cloud file in .RCS format (AutoDesk Recap File)
o CAD file 2D/3D in AutoDesk 2010 version
o Single Assembly file and individual part files as standard library for future use.
o Naviswork file (Compatible with Naviswork Free Viewer)
o Static Walkthrough of area under scope
21. Your Partner in Productivity Improvement
Sample Screenshots of Past Projects