Table of Contents
• Introduction to Emerging
• Artificial Intelligence (AI)
• Big Data
• Internet of Things (IoT)
• Cloud Computing
• Augmented Reality & VR
• ITAA (Information Technology Association of America)defined
information technology as being the study, design, development,
implementation, support and/or management of any computer based
• Of many revolutions that have
changed the world, it is
Information Technology that
rules the roost in the 21st
• IT has led to complete
metamorphosis of society.
• Life without technology is
The new IT platform will enable the 4th wave of economicrevolution
Industrial Intelligent Automation
• Industrial Intelligent Automation will be enabled by IoT, Cognitive/AI, Analytics,
Intelligent Machines and Assembly Lines, Robots and Robotics, Edge (Fog)
Computing and Swarming Technology.
• We are seeing an increased number of robots designed for industry specific
Intelligent Automated Transportation
Technologies such as IoT, Cognitive/AI, analytics, advanced vehicle
communications, edge (fog) computing and swarming technology, will enable
driverless on-demand vehicles… virtually eliminating accidents, reducing
congestion and pollution, while increasing productivity.
What will come??
The Future of Work will involve a partnership between humansand
cognitive systems technology.
Where are we headed
The future (2040-50) IT platform will be very fast and optimizedfor
distributed cloud-based cognitive applications.
• Distributed / Edge Computing
• Data as anAsset
• UX by Design
• Very Fast a Zettascale computing (1021)?
Agents in AI
An AI system can be defined as the study of the rational agent and its
environment. The agents sense the environment through sensors and act on
their environment through actuators. An AI agent can have mental properties
such as knowledge, belief, intention, etc.
P: Performance measure
PEAS representation for Driverless Car
Performance: Safety, time, legal drive,
Environment: Roads, other vehicles,
road signs, pedestrian
Actuators: Steering, accelerator,
brake, signal, horn
Sensors: Camera, GPS, speedometer,
odometer, accelerometer, sonar.
Can you give PEAS for – 1. Vacuum Cleaner 2. Part Picking Robot
A blockchain is a constantly growing ledger which keeps a permanent record
of all the transactions that have taken place in a secure, chronological, and
Ledger: It is a file that is constantly growing.
Permanent: It means once the transaction goes inside a blockchain, you can put
up it permanently in the ledger.
Secure: Blockchain placed information in a secure way. It uses very advanced
cryptography to make sure that the information is locked inside the blockchain.
Chronological: Chronological means every transaction happens after the
Immutable: It means as you build all the transaction onto the blockchain, this
ledger can never be changed.
1. SENSORS and Actuators
• We are giving our world a digital nervous system. Locating data using
GPS sensors. Eyes and ears using microphones and cameras, along with
sensory organs that can measure everything from temperature to pressure.
• These inputs are digitized and placed onto networks.
3. PEOPLE and Processes
• These networked inputs can then be combined into bidirectionalsystems
that integrate data, people, processes and systems for betterdecision
What is Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality (VR) is the illusion of a Three-Dimensional,Interactive,
Computer-Generated Reality, where Sight, Sound, and sometimes even
Touch are simulated to create Pictures, Sounds, and Objects that actually seem
VR is able to immerse you in a Computer-Generated World of
your own making: Room, City, The interior of Human body. With
VR, you can explore any Uncharted Territory of the Human
Applications of VR
1. Entertainment and Movies :-
• 360-Degree cameras or VR
cameras, that have the ability to
record in all directions.
• VR cameras are used to create
images and videos that can be
viewed in VR.
• The experience allows users to
interact with the characters and
2. Biological :-
• Practice performing surgery.
• Perform surgery on a remote patient.
• Teach new skills in a safe, controlled environment
• The use of graphics, sound and
input technology in Video
games can be incorporated into VR.
•The VR Technology gives feedback
through visual, auditory, haptic and
other sensory systems.
4. Education and Training :-
• Provide learners with a Virtual
environment where they can
develop their skills without the
real world consequences of
• The fully Immersive training
environment allows to train
through a wide variety of
Terrains, situations and
Astonishing Growth of BIG DATA
Today, every two days we create as much data as we did from the beginning
of time untill 2000.
• By 2020, the amount of digital
information will have grown from
around 5 zettabytes today to 50
• Now a days, almost every action
we take leaves a trial
• We generate data whenever we
go online, use our GPS-
communicate our friends
through social media or do
online shopping Image source:
5 V’s of BIG DATA
• 1. VOLUME
An environment created in a user’s
machine from an on-line application
stored on the cloud and run through
a web browser.
In simple language Cloud computing
is using the internet to access
someone else's software running on
someone else's hardware in someone
else's data center.
Cloud Computing Services
►Software as a Service (SaaS)-
►Platform as a Service (PaaS)-
►Infrastructure as a Service
Software as a Service(SaaS)
• Just run it for me!
• Also known as On-demand Service.
• An application that can be accessed
from anywhere on the world as long
as you can have an computer with an
• We can access this cloud hosted
application without any additional
hardware or software.eg: G-mail,
Yahoo mail, Hotmail etc..,
• Also they can provide security
features such as SSL encryption,a
Platform as a Service (PaaS)-
• Give us nice API (Application
Programming Interface) and take care
of the implementation.
• In the PaaS model, cloud providers
deliver a computing platform and/or
solution stack typically including
operating system, programming
language execution environment,
database, and web server.
• It is a platform for developers to
write and create their own SaaS i.e.
applications. which means rapid
development at low cost.
• E.g.: Salesforce.com, Windows Azure
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)-
• Also known as hardware as a service.
• It is a computing power that you can rent for a limited period of time.
• Allows existing applications to be run on a cloud suppliershardware.
• Cloud providers offer computers – as physical or more often as virtual
machines – raw (block) storage, firewalls, load balancers, and networks
Distributed vs. Grid vs. Cloud
Parameters Distributed Grid Cloud
Time Weeks to Months Days to Weeks Minutes
Scalability Slowest, Rigid and
Cost High CapEx Costly, sometime
contracts, no capEx
No contracts, usage
based, no upfront
*Green* Low Low High- Virtualized
Pricing Model Buy servers and pay
fully whether used
Rent servers and
whether used or not
Rent based on usage