SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
1. What is the project?
2. Multidisciplinary Projects
3. Multidisciplinary Working to Achieve: PHILIPS
4. PHILIPS AEH Imaging Device
5. PHILIPS What did it?
6. PHILIPS How did it?
7. Questions & Sharing
PMITR PM Summit 2014 – CHANGE! 2
1. What is the project?
Project; for a particular purpose of a team to solve problems or issues
involving innovation and change processes with applications by
designing various products / services is a work that arise.
Projects to solve problems in communication, especially in the
emerging team synergy, combining innovation with knowledge and
experience will reveal the process of designing a multi-disciplinary
study to achieve success is a summary of care. In this context,
success; multi-disciplinary teams to work consists in organizing
PMITR PM Summit 2014 – CHANGE! 3
2. Multidisciplinary Projects
• The main objective of the project is an issue / problem is to solve.
Multi-disciplinary projects; multi-disciplinary approach to solve the
problem by focusing on work that science and innovation are
• Multi-disciplinary projects; innovative work with multi-disciplinary
collaborative problem solving to meet with science is that of life.
These projects resulting products, services, processes and
systems through innovation in new areas, such as in the
formation of interdisciplinary collaboration is the emergence of
PMITR PM Summit 2014 – CHANGE! 4
• Multi-disciplinary project management; project which is the
subject of extensive re-define problems and solutions based on
a new understanding of complex situations with different
disciplines work requires to achieve.
• Now, expanding the scope of the problem because the solution
of this problem by expanding the scope of work for the project
requires a multi-disciplinary work.
3. Multidisciplinary Working to Achieve:
• In this study managed to work with multi-disciplinary innovations
in imaging industry highlights Philips'; AEH (Ambient Experience
for Healthcare) and LED displays, video animations, and audio
systems, including RFID sensors in many technology
innovations that provide a comfortable environment for patients
using was investigated.
• MR sector, usually focused on innovation with technological
changes. In this context, a more detailed tools for diagnosis and
can capture more information in a short time.
• Philips Design; systematically from the beginning of the 1990s
until 2001, a multi-disciplinary team performance by
encouraging investment made on technological innovation
strategy. In this context, electronics, lighting and medical
markets with an innovative approach to develop new products,
to explore emerging technologies and has managed to create
more than 20 projects.
4.PHILIPS AEH Imaging Device
• The problem; the lack of display technologies and especially
children from the fear of the MR device was the result of a low
AEH; consisting of user experience with a new vision and is based on an
innovative approach to new product development. For this purpose, AEH; first
in priority in treatment, benefits, and the second side for medium income
technological development. So the priority is patient focus. Philips designs to
achieve this, starting with a new vision for existing products to make
technology more useful for users focused.
5. PHILIPS What did it?
• In order to solve this problem at the beginning of Philips' design
office Stefano Marzano has brought together a multidisciplinary
• It is a powerful communication tool to solve the problem by
fusing the necessary solutions based on knowledge and
experience sharing process design stages was envisioning.
• In this context, this tool for the creation of AEH, how they see
the environment where people live and how emerging media
technologies raise new experiences that research has focused
on the process management.
6.PHILIPS How did it?
«None of us, all of us are not smart»
• Multi-disciplinary teams, raising awareness of media
technologies, RFID and video projectors potential to educate
children through stories discovered.
• in this way; projector in the animations, reduced CT versions
and reduced scanners children in waiting rooms assigned to
them puppets crawling use with both children with the machine
introduces both the real ones less than the scare during a scan
lounging how important that is to teach.
• The result of the resulting product; That's perfect. Multi-disciplinary
teams; doctors, hospital administrators, medical
product-related engineers and marketing experts, architects,
psychologists, sociology, anthropology, interior designers, LED
technology and video projections professionals, interactive
designers, interactive hardware and software, interactive design
in the fields are experts.
• Business of the kitchen; Philosophical basis of the work to
create the kitchen!
• Business of the kitchen; teams to fuse! speak the same
language! Share, share, share
• Business of the kitchen; technocultures! Delegate and manage!
Business of the kitchen; speak the same language,
the philosophical foundations to create!
• «Without philosophy of anything, you can not do science!..»
• What are we doing?
• Why are we doing?
• How are we doing?
• What is the difference others?
• When are we doing?
• Focus on the work!
Business of the kitchen; teams to fuse!
speak the same language! Share, share,..
• In a multi-disciplinary team working with a good team
communication is important.
• The team with the concepts and theories for the fusion of a crop
formation must speak the same language.
• Based on open communication and trust in this share would
provide more return is important to the formation of a culture.
Business of the kitchen; technocultures!
Delegate and manage!
• Technocultures should have a multi-disciplinary team;
• Core Competencies; continuous innovation
• Work Environment; comfortable, exciting, learning-focused,
experience-based, technical, informal (unofficial), in accordance
with the rapid development of rich resources, ever-changing,
fast to market product / service delivery.
• Competencies; innovation and creativity, continuous learning,
curiosity, knowledge sharing, team problem solving, visyon be
stunning, Thinking, artistic talent (art, music, theater, poetry, ..)
• By delegates to manage.
AEH (Ambient Experience for Healthcare)
Including RFID sensors LED display systems, such as video,
animation and sound use of technology, provided a comfortable
environment for patients.
How AEH Improved?
• Since the beginning of 1990 at Philips, Stefano Marzano
consists of young professionals who specialize in and
successfully established a unique team that can work together.
This team; interactive design, such as sociology and
anthropology has grown to be very disciplined.
• Observation, analysis, research and design
• AEH one year before the emergence of the team; team of
people (patients) and problems seeing the living environment
and investigating them with an innovative approach to solve
multi-disciplinary new media technologies and other
technologies, processes and equipment with experience
Three important steps: Noah's Ark and Pogo
& Kenneth to Gorfinkle
• Noah's Ark: bed, sleep and awakening was discovered.
Accordingly, embarkation, travel and shore outlet.
Pogo: to educate children through stories, media technologies, has
discovered the potential of RFID and video projectors.
Kenneth Gorfinkle: with animations and visuals given to them in the
waiting room and lie is taught using a dummy during the scan in
order to eliminate the fear of children playing with toys and pictures
are provided with the relief.
Team; doctors, hospital administrators, engineers and marketing
professionals about medical products, architects, psychologists,
interior designers, video projection and LED technology
professionals, interactive designers, interactive hardware and
The most important step: a well- orchestrated
process of detailed design application
• In this context, Philips; The experiences of patients and clinical
operations processes redesigned according to the patient MR
and CT technology has configured accordingly. In this context,
the flow of the process;
1.Entry to hospital,
• 2.Finding the true section,
4.Entry into the room,
6.Back to the room,
7.Planning next scheduling.
• Patient experiences, expert system approach based on
experience and clinical; before, during and after the multi-step
process designed map is created.
Fictional map of the process design is composed of three parts;
1.Human phase 1; explains each step to improve the
experience. Fictional stories are used to tell the children the next
2. Environment conditions; environmental design that defines
how it should be. This experience has been redesigned to
include video animation, and low-browser.
3. Building and hardware; the technology to provide innovative
solutions by constructing the redesign of the definitions. Video
projectors, animation applications, puppets and RFID covers.
• Prof. Dr. Mahmut Tekin
• Selcuk University Regional Development Research and
Application Centre Manager
PMITR PM Summit 2014 – CHANGE!