14. 3.Air to air : This includes communication between the pilots of two
aircrafts in the air. Such type of communication also uses VHF and HF
For communication, A frequency band from 118MHz to 136 MHz is
It is the Doppler Very High Frequency
Omni Radio Range which measures the
azimuth angle with respect to the north.
Provides pilots with a slant
range measurement of
distance to the runway in nautical
18. Provides precision guidance to an aircraft
approaching and landing on a runway, using a
combination of radio signals.
19. Provides runway centerline guidance to
aircraft, but not the glide slope information.
22. An antenna array is sited to one side of the runway
LOC carrier frequencies range
108.10 MHz to 111.95 MHz.
At Jaipur Airport it is 109.9 MHZ.
The glide slope transmits
no identification signal.
23. It is installed in each airport to monitor
the movement of all the aircrafts within its
region of operation.
•Range : 2700 to 2900 MHz .
24. Primary Radar :
• The radar system measures the time required for a radar
echo to return and the direction of the signal.
Range : 2700 to 2900 MHz .
Secondary Radar :
•It uses a second radar antenna attached to the
top of the primary radar antenna to transmit
and receive area aircraft data for barometric
altitude, identification code, and emergency
Every passenger has to go through this frame when any metal
particle is possessed by passenger.
It gives indication with both visual &
27. X-Ray is used in x-Ray baggage systems .
In this a baggage put in scanner , then it would show color
according to material.
28. CCTV is the use of video
cameras to transmit a signal to a
specific place, on a limited set of
ETD is used to detect