POLICY AND STRATEGY FOR PATRIOTISM, INSTITUTIONS, AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA
POLICY AND STRATEGY FOR PATRIOTISM,
INSTITUTIONS, AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
A Book Review
Dr. Tanko Ahmed, fwc
MD, AANDEC Consult Limited
• All intellectual products from the National Institute for Policy and
Strategic Studies (NIPSS), Kuru, are action research-driven and ready-
made blueprints for their famous recommendations and
• The original work of Dr. Ogbonna Onyeisi at NIPSS was titled:
Monetary Policy And Foreign Direct Investment In Nigeria: An
• Dr. Ogbonna Onyeisi, mni, attended the Senior Executive Course
(SEC), No. 35-2013 of the prestigious Institution of learning and
research in policy and strategy.
About the Book
Book Title: Policy and Strategy for Patriotism, Institutions
and Economic Development of Nigeria
Author: Dr. Ogbonna Onyeisi
Place Of Publication: Enugu, NIGERIA
Publishers: Focus Projects Ltd
Year Of Publication: 2019
About the Author
• Dr. Ogbonna Onyeisi, mni is an accomplished businessman,
intellectual, community leader, and a patriotic Nigerian.
• He is a cross-sector participant in public, private, and third
sector activities, an economist, monetary strategist, and an
ardent golfer who promote the principles of 'eyes on the
ball' dedication in whatever he does.
• One of the hidden qualities of the Author is his oriental-
occidental philosophical blend of seeing and understanding
the world from the two angles of Eastern and Western
The Book In-Context
• This work is a child of circumstances originating from the
NIPSS stock where individual projects of participants are not
only topical but also focus on problem-solving.
• The transformation of a title from 'monetary policy' to 'policy
and strategy for economic development' signifies a quantum lift
in the zeal to serve and contribute to national development.
• The relevance of this work across time and space would be
through its propensity to address contemporary events as they
unfold nationally and globally.
The Book In-Content
• The work commences with a rich introduction as
good as an extended abstract of the entire work, its
meaning, and purpose.
• It focuses on economic policy and strategy to
engage and carry the audience to a good
understanding of the complex nature of the
seemingly chaotic world of finance and economic
The Book In-Meaning
• The work seeks to bring the hidden process of public policy
and strategy formulation into the public domain.
• Its context and content strive to define the dimensions of
economic growth hitherto not found in everyday life.
• It will equip the public to pay more attention to the tricks of
monetary and fiscal policies, particularly those conducted
solely by the Central Bank of Nigeria and associated agencies
like the World Bank.
• This work does not pretend to bring ready-made answers to
the rising inconsistencies in monetary and fiscal policies.
• It is neither a perfect point of call for rich references nor fails
to provide the directions to achieve the same.
• The issues raised concerning interventions or contributions to
the monetary and fiscal policies would require the attention
of the nation's strategic leadership cadre of the NIPSS stock
to which Dr. Ogbonna Onyeisi, mni, belongs.
• The Book deserves the patronage of NIPSS as material for its
Course Participants and as an intervention tool for the Alumni
Association of the National Institute (AANI), in which the
Author participates actively.
• Interested individuals, researchers, policy analysts, arms of
government, and the private and third sectors are called upon
to use the Book.
• Overall, the Book would need constant updates and upgrades
of its content and context to adjust to the fast-changing