1. TIM OAKLEY, C.P.P.
Suite 4 – 1930 West 16th Avenue Vancouver British Columbia V6J 2M4 Cell: (604) 788-7161
SUPPLY CHAIN PROFESSIONAL
Over 13 years building solid experience in directing high value supply chains for dynamic organizations. Consistently
successful in leveraging strategic partnerships with suppliers, clients and employees to enhance the organization’s
supply chain while supporting corporate vision and culture. Adept at building consensus and inspiring compliance
with internal customers and cross functional teams. Expertise includes:
• Contract Negotiations • Complex Tendering
• Supplier Management • Green Procurement
• Budget Forecasting • Launches & Expansions
• Strategic Sourcing • Project Management
Great Canadian Gaming Corporation, Richmond, BC 2005 to Present
Report to Director of Procurement for the largest gaming corporation in Canada with 5000 employees and total sales
of over $400M in 2008. The Corporation owns and manages 7 casinos, a 4-diamond hotel, 5 racetracks, and 2 live
• Oversaw leadership of Procurement Department for 7 month period in 2008 (due to the absence of Director of
Procurement). Spearheaded strategic sourcing initiative that resulted in savings of $700K per annum on a $2.6M
spend (commodity groups included audio-visual, telecommunications, computer hardware, and disposal paper/
plastic products). Collaborated with Steering Committee which included the Vice President of Finance, Controller
and external consulting team (Myers Norris Penny) to achieve corporate goals.
• Recruited to work at head office and coordinate FFE (Fixtures/Furniture/Electrical) buying for the launch of
prestigious River Rock Casino Resort. Managed $10M spend. After successful launch, directed purchasing
activities (materials/equipment/supplies/service contracts) for multiple establishments including: Red Robinson
Theatre (launch), Fraser Downs Racetrack (acquisition), Boulevard Casino (expansion), Dawson Creek Casino
(launch), Halifax Casino Nova Scotia (expansion), and Hasting Racecourse (expansion).
• Collaborated with cross-functional team to rationalize/consolidate food and beverage operations. Analyzed
supplier price lists and velocity reports to build performance metrics. Spearheaded initiative to establish $12M
national contract for food and beverage purchases. Decreased annual spend by $1M.
• Selected as a business process subject matter expert (SME) for the P2P (Purchase to Pay) implementation.
Worked closely with external consulting team to drive procurement costs down by 15%.
• Coordinated purchasing functions for property development projects. Collaborated with Property Service
Manager and Project Management Team. Forecasted budgets (each individual project budget up to $10M).
Analyzed price points. Determined quality specifications. Prepared procurement reports.
• Collaborated with IT Manager to source software/equipment. Spearheaded project re: digital document
management and retrieval (vendors included Konica Minolta and Ikon Business Solutions).
• Assessed $400K printing contract for hardware and services. Sourced new supply partner and decreased expenses
by 50 percent per annum over 5 years.
• Sourced software product that bridged with internal POS (Point of Sale) system to maximize control over sales
forecasting, labour costs and inventory. Assisted with system testing and feasibility study.
• Lead business reviews with key vendors. Monitored KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) to resolve problems
with price points, deliverability, and quality control.
2. TIM OAKLEY, CPP Cell: (604) 788-7161 Page 2 of 2
Radisson Hotel Villa, Burnaby, BC 1996 to 2004
Reported to President for franchised 4-diamond organization with 300 rooms, sports pub, restaurant, lounge and
multiple banquet facilities.
• Directed purchasing functions. Consulted with President and executive management team to develop annual
purchasing goals in alignment with $7.5M budget.
• Supervised staff members. Initiated and developed policies/procedures for purchasing functions. Wrote
comprehensive employee manual successfully utilized by all staff to improve daily operations.
• Oversaw $250K annual service contracts. Decreased expenses by 15% by structuring and negotiating multi-year,
fixed price contracts.
• Oversaw corporate pricing re-structuring program subsequent to company’s acquisition of 2 new properties.
Monitored costing and executed changes for pricing, product quality and service contracts.
• Orchestrated $100K replacement project to source and procure product which resulted in project 25% under
budget and exceeding quality specifications.
• Reduced maintenance costs by 35% over 1-year period.
• Introduced automation of inventory control function throughout organization which resulted in increased
productivity and efficiency.
• Established strict inventory security systems. Achieved 6% annual theft and loss record.
Clarion Hotel Villa, Burnaby, BC 1981 to 1996
• Managed purchasing function for Food and Beverage Division with $2.1M annual spend.
• Oversaw pricing, supplier contracts and inventory control.
Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) 1995 to Present
• Program Chair: Vancouver Chapter (2009)
Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) Designation, Purchasing Management Association of Canada
• Valedictorian: Graduating Class 2008
Purchasing Certificate, Purchasing Management Association of Canada
Diploma in Academic Arts, Douglas College, BC
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES
Productivity Power Workshop: Campeau Learning, Vancouver 2009
Laws of Precision Drafting - Tenders and RFPs: Northern Standard Procurement Institute, Toronto 2009
Basics of Smart International Procurement: Next Level Purchasing, Pennsylvania 2009
14 Purchasing Best Practices: Next Level Purchasing, Pennsylvania 2009
The New P&L: Passion and Leadership: Blanchard Industries, California 2008
Supply Management Contract Writing: Next Level Purchasing, Pennsylvania 2008
Leadership Dynamics: The Personal Performance Center , Toronto 2003