• Can AI System Work As Efficient As
• How does AI works
• Current status of AI
• Fields of AI
• Daily life application
• Future of AI
• Challenges for AI
• Human Intelligence Vs AI
• Pros & Cons
• Advantage of AI
• Drawback of AI
3. 1)The study of computer systems that attempt to model and apply the intelligence of the
2) A branch of computer science dealing with the simulation of intelligent behaviour in
3) The capability of a machine to imitate intelligent human behaviour.
4. What Is Artificial Intelligence???
❖ Artificial Intelligence (AI) is usually
defined as the science of making
computers do things that require
intelligence when done by humans.
❖ A.I is the study of ideas that enable
computers to be intelligent
5. History of artificial intelligence
Programmable Digital Computers (1940)
• McCulloch & Pitts: Boolean circuit model of brain
• Dartmouth meeting: "Artificial Intelligence“ name adopted
The golden years 1956−1974
6. 1986-- Rise of machine learning
◦ Neural networks return to popularity
◦ Major advances in machine learning algorithms and
1995-- AI as Science
◦ Integration of learning, reasoning, knowledge
◦ AI methods used in vision, language, data mining, etc
7. 2006: face recognition software
available in consumer cameras
2003-2007 Robot driving: DARPA grand challenge
Feb 2011 there came question answering robot.
9. How complicated is our brain?
◦ 10 12 neurons in a human brain
◦ many more synapses (10 14) connecting these
◦ cycle time: 10 -3 seconds (1 millisecond)
How complex can we make computers?
◦ 108 or more transistors per CPU
◦ supercomputer: hundreds of CPUs, 1012 bits of RAM
◦ cycle times: order of 10 - 9 seconds
◦ Less interconnections (wires or synapses)
10. How Does AI Works??
Artificial intelligence works with the help of
• Artificial Neurons (Artificial
(If-Then Statements, Logics)
11. What is Neural Networking??
❖ Artificial neural networks are composed of
interconnecting artificial neurons
(programming constructs that mimic the
properties of biological neurons).
12. Sec 2: ANN 7
Structure of a Biological Neuron
Dendr it es: Accept s I nput s
Soma: Processes the Inputs
Axon: Turns the processed inputs into outputs
Synapses: The electrochemical contact between neurons
13. Examples Of Artificial Intelligence
A n expert system is a computer program that is designed to hold
the accumulated knowledge of one or more domain experts
It reasons with knowledge of some specialist subject with a view to
solving problems or giving advice
They are tested by being placed in the same real world Problem
14. Applications of Expert Systems
Used by geologists to identify sites for drilling
for diagnosis of respiratory conditions
15. Applications of Expert Systems
LITHIAN: Gives advice to archaeologists examining
DENDRAL: Used to identify the structure of chemical
compounds. First used in 1965
18. Google Now, Siri
and Cortana are all intelligent
digital personal assistants on
various platforms (iOS,
Android, and Windows
Mobile). In short, they help find
useful information when we
ask for it using our voice.
We can use them to make calls, send messages, set reminders, take notes,
recognize music, find great restaurants, check your calendar, and more.
19. CONTD…. CURRENT STATUS OF AI
AI have taken many shapes and forms over recent years
o Mobile Phones ( Siri/ Cortana)
o Video Games Characters
o GPS/ Voice Recognition
Google has been a major play on AI transcendence and Deep
o Deep learning is a machine learning based on algorithms.
23. Speech Recognition
Process of converting sound signal captured by
microphone or mobile/telephone to a set of
70-100 words / min with accuracy of 90%
24. Computer Vision
Ability of a machine to extract information
from an image that is necessary to solve a
25. Intelligent Robot
Tend to mimic human
sensing and decision
making abilities so that
they can adopt
themselves to certain
conditions and modify
26. Expert Systems
These are Softwares
used for decision making
and Theorem Proving.
27. Artificial Intelligence the need of hour
"Many thousands of AI applications are deeply
embedded in the infrastructure of every industry."
The late 90s and early 21st century, AI technology
became widely used as elements of larger systems,
but the field is rarely credited for these successes.
28. Fields of AI
Graphical User Interface
Automatic Storage management
Object Oriented Programming
Automated Online Assistants
29. Fields of AI
Aviation & Automation:
NASA's fight research centre
Voice recognition in fighter jets
Directions to A.I pilots through
air traffic controllers
Automatic Gearing System in Cars
30. Fields of AI
31. Daily life applications
News and publishing
Health and medicine
Games and toys
32. A.I in daily life
➤Virtual Personal Assistant
Siri, Google Now, and Cortana are all
intelligent digital personal assistants on
various platforms(iOS, Android, Windows)
which are based on A.I.
Siri, Google Now, Cortana.(Left to right)
33. ➤Video Games
One of the instances of AI that most people
are probably familiar with, video game AI has
been used for a very long time—since the
very first video games, in fact.
A game UI based on AI.
34. FUTURE OF AI
• Beyond negotiation, Moore says CMU is betting several other AI areas are
going to be hugely important in the near future.
• Improved Medical Care & Treatment.
• Open up doors to future explorations.
35. An experimental smart car.
Although we haven’t seen smart cars on
street yet. But as the Artificial intelligence is
developing, that day is not so far when we
won’t need a driver.
36. Researchers seem to disagree on a lot of the same issues.
With the rate at which technology is improving it is logical to believe AI will
continue to get more and more sophisticated.
A robot helping a disable person.
37. But we can imagine two different kind of future of A.I.
They are :
38. ➤Positive imagination of Future
Maybe, the day is not far when we will just
sit back in our cozy little beds and just
command our personal Robot's to entirely
do our ruts . He will be a perfect
companion for us. Just enjoy the
A ͚gardeŶer͛ theŵe roďot.
39. ➤Negative imagination of Future
An imaginary soldier robot.
It may end in other way too. Some day there
will be a knock at our door. As we open it, we’ll
see a large number of Robots marching into our
house destroying everything we own and looting you.
This is because ever since there is an advantage in the
Technology, it attracts antisocial elements. This is true
for Robots too. Because now they will have full power to
think as human, even as of anti-social elements. So
we should think trice before giving them power
of Cognition. An imaginary soldier robot
41. Human Intelligence VS Artificial Intelligence
Human Intelligence Artificial Intelligence
Intuition, Common sense, judgment , Creativity,
Ability to simulate human behavior and cognitive
The ability to demonstrate their intelligence by
Capture and preserve human expertise
Plausible Reasoning and Critical thinking Fast Response. The ability to comprehend large
amounts of data quickly.
42. Human Intelligence VS Artificial Intelligence
We achieve more than we know. We know more than we understand. We understand more than we can explain (Claude
Bernard, 19th C French scientific philosopher)
43. How AI is different????????
Artificial Intelligence Human Intelligence
May Contain Error
44. PROS & CONS
• Precision and Accuracy Cost incurred in the maintenance and repair
• Space exploration Not able to act any different
• Used for mining process Lack the human touch
• Can do laborious tasks Lack a creative mind
• Fraud detection, manage records. Lack common sense
• Lacking the emotional side Unemployment
• Can do repetitive and time-consuming tasks Abilities of humans may diminish
• Robotic pets, Robotic radiosurgery. Robots superseding humans
• Function without stopping, Risk Reducing. Humans may became dependent on machines.
• Diagnosis and Treatment Wrong hands causes destruction
• it can help improve our way of life
• machines will be able to do jobs that require detailed instructions
• mental alertness and decision making capabilities
• use robots for heavy construction, military benefits, or even for personal assistance
at private homes
• there will be less injuries and stress to human beings
• Many of our health problems now have possible solutions with the use of Artificial
Intelligence in studies at universities
46. Drawbacks of A.I
Slow Real Time
In it’ s short existence, AI has increased understanding of the nature
of intelligence and provided an impressive array of application in a
wide range of areas. It has sharpened understanding of human
reasoning, and of the nature of intelligence in general. At the same
time, it has revealed the complexity of modeling human reasoning
providing new areas and rich challenges for the future.