Ce diaporama a bien été signalé.
Welcome to the
When is the library open?
• The library opens at 7:30 in the morning
and closes at 4:00.
• Students may come in to check out new
books, read, puzzles or work on the
• The Eagle’s Nest Homework Center is
also open before school starts.
What do I do?
• Your Language Arts teacher will bring you
to the library every two weeks.
• When you come in, bring your books to
the circulation desk, barcodes facing up
and have a seat around the pond carpet
and wait for further instructions.
How do I take care of my books?
• LOVE your books! Hug your books when you
are carrying them. This helps you hold on to
• Eating and drinking while reading your books is
not a good idea…I wonder why?
• Be careful when you are writing and have a book
• Please keep books away from pets and younger
brothers and sisters…they like to chew!
Eating and Drinking while
NOT a good idea…….
It’s a good idea to keep books
• Don’t forget them outside
Use a bookmark, don’t bend
•Be careful when writing
with a book open.
• Please keep books in a
Keep books away from Pets
How long may I keep my books?
• Books may be kept for two weeks at a
• If you did not finish reading it, you can re-
new it for another two weeks.
• If you finish before the two weeks, you can
bring it in and exchange it for another
Things to remember…
• No running in the
library…I don’t want
anyone getting hurt.
• You may talk in the
library, but please use
an “inside voice”.
• Listen to all instructions
before leaving the carpet.
• Be considerate of your
the GOLDEN RULE.
• Use a shelf marker when
looking for a book.
• Please ask for help, that’s
what I am here for.
More important things to
• If you do not remember where you found a
book, please put it on one of the carts, put
in on the circulation desk or give it to one
of the adults in the library.
• Please do not put books back on the
shelves…we will do that.
• Once you find the two books you would
like to check out, take them to the
• Scan your BADGE first and then scan the
barcodes on the front of your books.
• After you check out, make sure you stamp
the “Date Due” slip on the back cover.
make sure your stamping in the
next available spot
Does anyone have any
Now relax and
enjoy reading your