6. During this period, the "transistor radio" was invented and became popular. This meant that radios became much smaller and much less expensive, and like the small phonographs soon found their way to young people's rooms Early transistor radios: the red Regency transistor released in 1954, and the green Sony transistor in 1955.
7. The patent for the Rickenbacker Frying Pan guitar issued in 1937. Concert poster for the Moondog Coronation Ball thrown by Alan Freed of the Moondog Radio Show, considered by some to have been the first rock and roll concert
8. Singer Jerry Lee Lewis, like his influence Little Richard, stands as he performs a lively rock and roll song, c. 1957.
9. Musician Chuck Berry, an early rock and roll star, performing the "duck walk" with his electric guitar. The vivacious Little Richard pounds the piano keys during a live performance, c. 1956.
10. Rock ‘n’ Roll Clothes Props which we will need for the music video include stereotypical thinks which are connected to the Rock genre, such as the electric and base guitars drums and also the microphone, which our band will need. To keep with the bands usual costume we will need to dress our "band" in Mutemaths style
12. In the mid 1950's when rock & roll started and Edwardian dress came back into fashion with the teddy boy era, Kornbluths was back supplying clothing that it knew from the days when it first began, and it continues to this day
13. Skinny Pants, Menswear Vests, Motorcycle Jackets, Zipper Detailing, Ankle Boots, Concert T-Shirts, Schoolboy Blazers - all of these (and more) combine to form a foundation wardrobe for the Rock and Roll girl .
17. Bands & Artists Date of Birth: 8 January 1935, Tupelo, Mississippi, USA more Date of Death: 16 August 1977, Memphis, Tennessee, USA Biography: Elvis Aaron Presley was born on January 8, 1935 in East Tupelo, Mississippi... more Trivia: Mother Gladys bought him his first guitar at age 12 (1947) Awards: 5 wins & 6 nominations Elvis Presley is the best selling solo artist In U.S. History Elvis charted more songs on Billboard's Hot 100 than any other artist. (149) Elvis spent more weeks at the top of the charts than any other artist. (80) Elvis had the greatest number of consecutive #1 hits. Elvis is second only to the Beatles in total of #1 hits. Elvis Presley
27. Chuck Berry invented Rock n' Roll. Most people do not know the founder of Rock n' Roll is black. Richard Penniman, known as Little Richard, helped influence rock performance styles. His first major success came in 1955 with "Tutti Frutti."