1. PE6603 WELL COMPLETION TESTING AND WORK OVER
B.Tech, FAFS,M.S Research in china, M.B.A at UOP
DEPARTMENT OF PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
DHANALAKSHMI SRINIVASAN INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY
2. Introduction to well completion
General Procedure of well completion
Open hole well completion
Cased hole well completion
3. Informal definition:
The high time of the well when engineer and
personnel comes to decide whether to install the
production casing in order to initiate the production at
the surface or it should be abandoned .
Well completion means to prepare the well for
production by installing the necessary
equipments into the well in order to allow the safe
and controlled flow of HCS at the surface.
10. In an open hole well completion the production casing is
just set above the pay zone, while the entire deepen bottom
of pay zone is left uncased.
OPEN HOLE WELL COMPLETION:
12. •Maximum exposure of pay zone
•Less pressure drawdown during flow
•No formation damage occurs due to cementing
•Less formation damage
13. •Inability to plug off water or gas zones
•Inability to stimulate the separate zones within the
14. •For the most common type of well completion today
involves the cased hole completion, in which the
production casing and liner are cemented and
15. •Select the sections of the pay zone we wish to produce
•Stimulate the separate pay zone from the well
•Multiple completion zones
16. •A Liner is installed across the pay zone
•It can be divided into two: Screen Liner and perforated
•Screen Liner : Casing is set above the producing zone and
an uncemented screen and liner assembly is installed
across the pay zone
18. •Casing is set above the producing
zone and a liner assembly is installed
across the pay zone and cemented
in place. The liner is then perforated
selectively for production.
24. •Casing flow: large flow rate no tubing is required, used in middle
•Tubing andAnnulus flow: large flow rate flow segregation.
•Tubing flow: Used widely in Malaysia due to safety, may use one
more tubing strings.
25. •Simplest way of completing the well
•In this method well is completed by single zone with single
26. •In this multiple branches are drilled from a single zone
•It is used to improve productivity from closely spaced target zones.