3. FLOW OF PRESENTATION
Products (Amul Milk, Amul Cheese, Amul ice cream, Curd
product, Fresh Milk,)
The 3 C’S Model
4 P’s of marketing
Reasons For Success
Amul (Anand Milk Union Limited),
• Formed in 1946, is a dairy
cooperative movement in India.
• It is a brand name managed by an apex
cooperative organization & Gujarat Cooperative.
• Milk Marketing Federation
• Which today is jointly owned by some 2.6 million milk producers in Gujarat, India.
• Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation
(GCMMF) is India's largest food products marketing
organization. It is a state level apex body of milk
• In Gujarat which aims to provide remunerative returns to
the farmers and also serve the interest of consumers by
providing quality products which are good value for
• Amul (Anand Milk-producers Union Limited), formed
in 1946, is a dairy cooperative movement in India.
• It is based in Anand town of Gujarat and has been a sterling
example of a co-operative organization's success in the long
• The Amul Pattern has established itself as a uniquely
appropriate model for rural development.
• Amul has spurred the White Revolution of India, which has
made India the largest producer of milk and milk products in
the world. It is also the world's biggest vegetarian cheese
• Amul's product range includes milk
powders, milk, butter, ghee, cheese, curd, chocolate,
• ice cream, cream, shrikhand, paneer, gulab
jamuns, basundi, Nutramul brand and others.
• Situation of farmers
7. BUSINESS MODEL
• Every day Amul collects 7 million of milk from 2.6million
Farmer (many illiterate), Convert there milk into branded,
Package products and delivery good to over 500,000 retail
Outlet across the India
• Its supply chain one of the most complicated in World.
8. BUSINESS MODEL
• Indian dairy sector contributes the large share in agricultural
gross domestic products.
• Presently there are around 70,000 village dairy cooperatives
across the country.
• The cooperative societies are federated into 170 district milk
producers unions, which is turn has 22-state cooperative dairy
federation. Milk production gives employment to more than
72mn dairy farmers. In terms of total production. India is the
leading producer of milk.
• The milk production in 1999-00 is estimated at 78mn MT as
compared to 74.5mn MT in the previous year.
• Amul milk is the best nutrition milk it contains
• Fat :- 4.5g
• Calories :- 75.
• Carbs :- 5g
• Protein :- 3.5g
• In 100ml serving size.
• AMUL BUTTER : ‘UTTERLY BUTTERLY DELICIOUS’
• AMUL BUTTER was the first product which was officially launched
by AMUL in 1945.
• It has been a market leader during the last 4 decades.
• AMUL BUTTER is made from Butter, Common Salt, permitted
natural colour- Annatto
• Milk Fat 80%
• Moisture 16%
• Salt 2.5%
• Curd 0.8%
• Calorific Value:
• 720 kcal/100g
12. AMUL MILK
It is the largest food brand in India and worlds largest pouched milk brand
with an annual turnover of u$2.2 billion (2010-11)
• Currently unions making up GCMMF have 3.1 million producer members
with milk collection average of 9.10 million liters per day.
• Beside India has entered overseas markets such as
Mauritius, UAE, USA, Oman, Bangladesh, Australia, China, Singapore,
Hong Kong and a few south African countries
• It is a bid to enter Japanese market in 1994 did not succeed ,bunt now it
has fresh plans entering the Japanese market.
• Other potential being considered include Srilanka.
• Amul priceless in Hindi. The brand name Amul is derived from the
Sanskrit word amulya which means Priceless.
13. AMUL CHEESE
• Nutritional Facts.
• Serving size : 100 gm(4 cubes)
• Amount per serving calories 300 calories from fat 234.0
• % daily value
Total fats 26g 40%
Saturated fats 16g 80%
Cholesterol 0.07mg 0%
Sodium 1400mg 58%
Total carbohydrates 20g 6 %
Dietary fiber 0g 0 %
Protein 20g 40 %
20. WHAT IS BCG MATRIX?
BOSTON CONSULTING GROUP (BCG) MATRIX is developed by
“ BRUCEHENDERSON” OF THE BOSTON CONSULTING
GROUP IN THE EARLY 1970’s.
According to this technique, businesses or product are
classified as low or high performers depending upon their
market growth rate and relative market share.
22. Star are leaders in business.
They also require heavy investment. To maintain its
It leads to large amount of cash consumption and
Attempts should be made to hold the market share
otherwise the star will become a CASH COW.
23. They are foundation of the company and often the star of
They generate more cash than required.
They extract the profits by investing as little cash as possible.
They are located in an industry that is mature, not growing or
24. Most businesses start of as question marks.
They will absorb great amounts of cash if the market
share remain unchanged, (low).
Question marks have potential to become ater and
eventually cash cow but can also become a dog.
Investment should be high for question marks
25. Dogs are the cash traps.
Dogs do not potential to bring in much cash.
Number of dogs in the company should minimized.
Business is situated at a declining stage.
31. Cost of milk.
Sales promotion cost.
32. • Uses of variety of media to communicate.
• Most famous in bill board
• Amul Butter girl is one of the longest run ad
• Campaign using like Amul star voice of India.
33. Product Improvisation.
Advertisement in Rural Areas.
Liquidity And Working Capital must be high.
Supply chain must be strengthen.
Venture in Fruits & Vegetables.
Nullifying threats & Weakness.