SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Twitter, the microblogging website, is the third social network in the world and has over 7.5 million followers in France. For nearly five years, the site has grown considerably and has become an indispensable tool which has totally transformed the relationship between the artists and their fans. But Twitter is more than just a tool of communication for artists with their fans. In this workshop, we will see how to concretely use Twitter in order to develop and optimize its presence.
Twitter for artists and musicians. New tool of music marketing.
Virginie BERGER/DBTH in partnership with MaMA
DBTH was proudly founded to provide strategy, business development, media relations and networking to amazingly cool people and companies in the creative space.MaMA is one of the most dynamic music convention and conferences in Europe. Based in France, MaMA has showed its usefulness and pertinence for France as well as other territories, providing a market place to make deals, and to share experience with others professionals, to consider and discuss updates and change and to discover new artists.MaMA makes available 80 concerts, 30 conferences, debates and workshops, speed meetings, lunches… 2
About Virginie Berger• I ve been online 15 years!• I run DBTH, a strategy and development firm for artists, creatives industries, emerging tech.• Author: “Music and digital strategies”(Amazon, iTunes…)• I’m specialized in music, creative industries and digital marketing• I’m a member of IAB / IDM Joint Digital Council• I also host «On refait la musique», a talk show about the music industry. 3
Twitter is the third social network in the world (ahead of MySpace..)
For any professional, whatever their business sector:- Develop their web presence (especially if their account is linked to blogs and others social networks)- Inbound marketing- Implementing competitive intelligence (this is the targeted information stream),- Networking...
Twitter is centered on shared information = An information network
Twitter altogether has a role of administrator,information medium, information relay, and contact maker.
What’s happening(Twitter) vs What are you doing (FaceBook)?
Not being on Twitter?Is missing a significant amount of potential contacts: fans, partners, professional entourage, relays, prospects or clients
To put it simply, theres a lot to gain and notmuch to lose. You just have to take the step !
• 16% of the 15-24 years-olds prefer Twitter instead of Facebook (Comscore)• On Twitter « Its like on TV. People watch but you dont have to pretend you know one another.». «At least, you dont have to be friends with your parents on Twitter »• People over 55 are now also massively joining Twitter
A new audience in France• 51% of users are women• 25% are young (13-24 year-olds) and 28% are 50 year-olds and more
Over 80% of the public indicate that they would ratherfollow recommendations of their “friends” to go andsee a movie or buy an album than trust ads ormagazine reviews.
Who uses Twitter (in our sector)• Everybody• Artists• Fans• Professionals of the sector (venues, labels, bookers, festivals…)• Connected people : « they like to share and talk »
TWITTER =• A hybrid between blog and chat• News displayed in reverse chronological order• You can post messages or subscribe to (« Follow ») someones messages• Like on a chat, you can talk to one or several people in real time
A simplified version of the Facebook news feed
• Go to http://twitter.com to create your account• Follow the subscribing form, enter your user name, password and your email,• Use your email address to look for people you know who are already on Twitter.
• Choose an application for your mobile phone (careful here, API modification by Twitter)• Choose an application for your computer
La recherche• Search with key words : http://search.twitter.com• Click on the profiles of people which came up thanks to your search criteria,• Before following them, read at least 5 or 6 of their latest tweets to make sure that you share common interests.
RT = retweet = to forward a message. Not commenting is considered as an implicit approval.#Hashtag = a key word with the # symbol (ex #music), it allows aggregation of discussion around a topic or particular event (ex #MaMAevent for tweets about MaMA).@nameoftheuser : use the @ symbol to address a message to someone in particular
• Photo and bio. Your bio should indicate who you are what you tweet about• Also include in it the link to your site, blog…• Logos are OK (group, organization.) but we like to connect with real people. Wallpaper, cover..• Since SEO is important, title your picture with your name
Twitter = exchanging, chatting, meeting up, looking for people who share the same interests as you do.Do not hesitate to @ people
• Retweet (RT) if you like a tweet.• Share with your followers.• Retweeting = showing your interest, your passions, your love…
Share about what you are doing : post links, take pictures, tell about whats happening to you
• Connect with people who are not necessarily part of your first circle,• Follow people who may be interested in what you do,• Show interest for discussions. Keep going, even if you dont get followed much at the start,• Do not only talk about music and concerts.
• Dont worry about the number of your followers, if you tweet relevant content, they will show up.• Keep in mind that the point here is to follow and getfollowed by people who share the same interests asyou do.
• Find your favorite band/brand/artists/company on Twitter and follow them,• Tweet your feedbacks,• Find people who talk about your band, your music and follow them.
• Most of the clicks are done between 13.00 and 15.00, from Monday to Thursday,• Mot much happens after 20.00 during the week and after 15.00 on Friday,• The life cycle of a tweet is 2.8 hours.• The traffic peaks happen between 9.00 and 15.00 from Monday to Thursday. This means the competition between contents will only be increasing...
• Give your followers a reason to buy instead of only visiting your Facebook page,• Promote your Twitter account via your website, email signature, posters, Facebook…• Launch contests via Twitter or by relaying them on Twitter.
Sell via Twitter• Sell your music, concert tickets, merchandising via Twitter with Chirpify!• Interested people reply to your tweet with the word "Buy", and the transaction is directly done via Chirpify which itself relies on Paypal.
• If you also use a private Twitter account, you may send your followers special offers.• Update in case of any problems (site down, concerts cancellation, etc….)• Launch contests
DBTH is a digital entertainment consulting firm focused on leveraging our collective experience and expertise in:• Building relationships,• Identifying market opportunities,• Growing brands,• Defining best practices. for the Creative, Entertainment, Emerging Technology and Mobile Industries. 56
All the best for your digital journey! Questions & discussion welcome More information in my book “Music and digital strategies”(Amazon, iTunes…) • Bloghttp://fr.linkedin.com/in/ www.virginieberger.comvirginieberger • Website www.dbth.fr/enfacebook.com/virbergFacebook.com/dbthAgency twitter.com/virberg twitter.com/dbth_aa