By : Vision Raval
• Head, International Business development NTPL.
• Vice President at H K Commerce College Alumni
• Director , Vhelp foundation
Six Sigma Master Black Belt
ER, USA certified SSPAuditor
TQM& Kaizen Consultant
MBA with International Marketing & BPO
For, IIPM Ahmedabad.
• Young fellow at Village reading news paper and resting
whole day Once wise man ask them to do something
in spite of wasting time.
He Replied what should I do ?
• Wise man said do some labor work to get some money
What will I do with Some money?
• Start Some Business while you get enough money
What will I do after some business?
• Get your own company while you have enough
revenue from your business.
What will I do after creating my own company?
• Get good place to live, Get Mercedes car etc.
What will I do after all luxurious Life Style.
• Take rest and enjoy your life …
What I was doing here….?
That’s the difference between …
who READ NEWS and who MAKE NEWS !!
What is similar
who read NEWS and
your People who
T I M E
Value of TIME
• Value of Hour: Person who miss his last bus to
home after work
• Value of minutes: Student who get late for
exam due to traffic
• Value of Second: Person who is driving
• Value of Millisecond: Silver meddle winner
who miss Gold by few milliseconds.
• Value of time is depend upon which side of
door you are.!! While Diarrhea patient knocks
toilet door of constipation patient inside
At this lecture you will
o How to strategize and clarify your goals and
TIME to achieve them
o How to Handle people and projects that waste
o Be involved in better delegation by mature
o How to work more efficiently towards your
career and job.
o Check specific skills and tools to save you time
o Overcome stress and procrastination
Time Management ?
T – Tools to shape your career and Life
I – Investment for Future
M – Milestone for success
E – Enhance and educate yourself
Why are you studding Time Management ?
Everyone have different objective to learn Time Management :
• To get good marks
• To earn money
• Being Successful
• Manage your friends and family
• Fight with competition
• To watch movie on Sunday with study.
• To fulfill your dreams of xyz… things !!
Finally get excellence in all domains…
• Earn excellence to have the best TIME in Life..!!
Why U want to Learn
Time Management ?
Remember that time is money
Ben Franklin, 1748
Advice to a young tradesman
• Invest Money wisely today and you get the best
• Invest time wisely today and get the best
4 years = 40 years
4 years of time investment will define 40 years of your career !!
Penny save is penny earned…
Minute save is minute earned…
Deposit savings of minutes to your time bank and get
hours to do more creative things then others…!!
Keep in MIND ….
• Time must be explicitly
managed, just like money
• Chose Best plan to time
investment like you chose
plan to invest your money
• Think and evaluate RETURNS
of your Time Investment
Think of these before
you Invest your TIME
Is this Time Investment Important to …
• My Career [ Domain knowledge ]
• My Goals [ What I want to achieve in Life ]
• My Priorities [ On the bases of urgency ]
• My Planning [ Fail to plan is Plan to fail ]
• Have this in my TO DO Lists [ Like Gajnee ]
• Help me to learn some thing new & IMP Option Analysis ]
• Do at the cost of study [ Compression of Options ]
• Manage my social Life [ Family, Girlfriend or Boy friend ]
• Do for society [ Vote, Blood donation, social work ]
• Come out from MASIHA Syndrome !!
What Time Management Brings to you..
• Good Time Management Brings :
- Self confidence
- Less things to remember
- More time to think
- Focus on sub factors of Life
• Bad time management
- More things to remember so
more chance to forget IMP task
- No time to think … Just work
- Only tension of work
The Problem is Severe
As per research or an..estimates, people waste about 3 to 5 hours per day.
Key Signs of time wasting:
• Messy desk and cluttered (or no) files
• Can’t find things when you want it
• Addiction of Orkut / Facebook / Twitter
• Movie and Serials [ TV ]
• Dressing Table
• Cricket Match
• Phone Calls
• S M S
• Window Shopping
• Music etc.
Hear me Now, Believe me Later
• Being successful doesn’t
make you manage your
• Managing your time well
makes you successful.
Goals, Priorities, and Planning
• Why am I doing this Time Investment ?
• What is your Goal behind your action ?
• What happens if I chose not to do it?
[ Back up Plan if Required ]
People think about things and
ask themselves… Why ?
I dream about things and ask
myself … Why NOT…?
Do not afraid to take on Time Judgment
• Good judgment comes from experience
• Experiences comes from bad judgment
• Bad judgment comes from efforts & TIME
Neil Armstrong started 3.6 Lakh KM journey
towards moon from single step from home !!
“If you can dream it, you can do it”
• Disneyland was built in 366 days, from ground-
breaking to first day open to the public.
Stop Day Dreaming and control
Thoughts to went on wrong direction.
It might result in to procrastination
BUT…. KEEP IN MIND
Failing to plan is planning to fail
Plan Each Hour,
Plan Each Day,
You can always change your plan,
but only once you have one!
TO Do Lists
• Break things down into small steps
• Like a child cleaning his/her room
• Do the most challenging or ugliest thing first
In Jungle king game,
if u have frog in your plate start with it and if its 3 then eat the biggest one first.
It should be Maintained regularly
It should be realistic for daily tasks
Digital To-do list in
your Mobile or
Google Docs to Plan
and save your
tasks and Laptop
The four-quadrant TO DO List
The four-quadrant TO DO List
Due Soon Not Due Soon
Professional and Personal
• You can priories professional as well as
personal tasks by this chart.
• Create one chart with two segmentation in
chart, one is for professional and one is
personal as both are equally important.
• Make sure you update both on regular
bases on task list
Have Realistic and well define TO DO list
Reference: Randy Pausch
• Clutter desk is the most time wasting factor
effect to office or study ; it leads to
Keep your desk clear:
• A good file system is essential to save Time
• focus on one thing at a time to do it
• Verify To-Do task before you go to sleep
• Touch each piece of email once; your inbox
is not your TODO list
Key Tool to Save Time
Book your Train / Flight or Movie Tickets
Say Happy B day to your Friend on Social sites
Use it for shopping
Use it to learn new things
Read blogs / Newspaper
Save your time by getting what you want from Internet
iGoogle | RSS | Bookmark
Hands free will
hands free to do
when I’m on
Use Speaker phone or Hands free
• Keep calls short; stand during call / Walk while u Talk
• Start by announcing goals for the call right after
• Talk in points and Talk on points
• Have something in view that you’re waiting to get to
• Be a good listener , Only ..whenever you have time !!
How to save time on
• When done, get off: “I have
• If necessary, hang up while you’re
talking. Switch off or Remove Battery
if you are in important task.
• Avoid Telemarketing calls n ask
them to send email !!
• Group outgoing calls: just before
lunch and 5pm
Have a habit of sending Thank you note or mail
• You don’t find time for important things, you
Excuse or Execution
• Everything you do is an opportunity cost .
You might invested your time in something
which gives you better opportunity !!
• Learn to say “No”
Say clear no while you are sure that YES is not
possible. Do not say May be or.. Will think..!!
Learn to say Gentle No’s and Strong YES
• Friend call form Movie.. Or Charity
“I’ll do it if nobody else steps forward” or
“I’ll be your deep fall back,” but you
have to keep searching.
• Keep in mind relation is Important then
• Say yes with confidence and follow your
commitment, that will help you to get
your positive impression of ON TIME
BUDDY !! [ REF : Wanted ]
Everyone has Good and Bad Times
• Find your creative/thinking time.
Defend it ruthlessly, spend it alone,
maybe at home. To avoid
depression. Never lose your heart.
• Think and analyze your own time
investment to Find your dead time.
Schedule meetings, phone calls, and
plan again to overcome.
• Success is never ending and failure
is never final…. Anytime !! 34www.visionraval.com
• E-mail noise on new mail is an
interruption -> TURN IT OFF!!
• 6-9 minutes, 4-5 minute recovery – five
interruptions shoots an hour
• You must reduce frequency and length of
interruptions (turn phone calls mute or have
voicemail or ask all to message you on email)
• Fix up time to talk to your friends, chose time
around dinner or lunch to make it shorten.
• Lock your study room and put do not disturb
sign at your door.
Cutting Things Short to
• “I’m in the middle of something now…”
• Start with “I only have 5 minutes” – you can always extend this
• Ordinary people use to spend time…. Extra ordinary people USE time
• One thing you can’t recycle or rewind is wasted time.
Result of Using Time Journal Data
• What am I doing that doesn’t really need to
be done? [check 4 squared Todo List ]
• What am I doing that could be done by
someone else? [ Check nearby and capable
• What am I doing that could be done more
efficiently? [ Focus on end result and way it
has been done ]
• What do I do that wastes others’ time? [Also
value others time to create win win
“Procrastination is the
thief of time”
Night Thoughts, 1742
• Doing things at the last
minute is much more
expensive than just before
the last minute
• Deadlines are really
important: establish them
Identify why you aren’t
enthusiastic towards your
goal and dream ?
• Fear of embarrassment
• Fear of failure
• Phobia of other competition
• Lack of Passion towards your dream
• Fear of changing
Quit Making Excuses…
Whenever I find the key of success….
Someone changes the Lock !!
Chose one : Excuses or Execution of success !!
• Grant authority with responsibility to
• Believe in Team work to save time
• Concrete goal, deadline, and
• Monitor every phase of your project
• Have instant failure analysis to improve
• Use TIME & Motion studies to enhance
your time management skills.
Design strategic study
plan and invest your
time with planning per
subject , Per topic, IMP
• Give objectives, not procedures, lets work
and derive best process to do it.
• Tell the importance of the task given to
motivate the team.
• Use kaizen for constant improvement in
• Think out of the box [ Skype story ]
• Have agenda ready before any meeting
• Note down key points to be discussed
• Note down future plan, current status
and past statistics before you start on
your desk top. It saves time to find it
• Say your point in minimum words , that
will save many man minutes at meeting
and group discussion.
Spend quality time with Computers instead of Television
You will see what T V shows you.. While on computer you
will see what you want to see !!
• Never break a promise, but
re-negotiate them if need
• If you haven’t got time to
do it right, you don’t west
time to do it wrong.
• Feedback loops: ask your
faults to others to improve.
Confusion about going for time or money
Equilibrium between time
and money !!
• Save time while you have
• Save Money while you
• This time is like all times, is a very good one,
if we know what to do with it.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
• The time for action is now. It's never too late
to do something.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
• Time will take your money, but money won't
- James Taylor
Apparemment, vous utilisez un bloqueur de publicités qui est en cours d'exécution. En ajoutant SlideShare à la liste blanche de votre bloqueur de publicités, vous soutenez notre communauté de créateurs de contenu.
Vous détestez les publicités?
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité.
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité pour nous conformer à l'évolution des réglementations mondiales en matière de confidentialité et pour vous informer de la manière dont nous utilisons vos données de façon limitée.
Vous pouvez consulter les détails ci-dessous. En cliquant sur Accepter, vous acceptez la politique de confidentialité mise à jour.