2. 1.Mikao Usui was the founder of a form of spiritual practice
known as Reiki, used as a complementary therapy for the
treatment of physical, emotional, and mental diseases.
2.Born: August 15, 1865, Gifu Prefecture, Japan
3.Died: March 9, 1926, Fukuyama, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan
4.Parents: Taneuji Usui
5.Education: University of Chicago
6.Books: The Original Reiki Handbook Of Dr. Mikao Usui
3. Reiki –is a healing technique where the practitioner channels energy into the patient by means of
touch, to activate the natural healing processes of the patient's body and restore physical and
• Its always on
• Part of me
• it’s expansive & hands on/off
Reiki = Rei means Invisible source of all being
= Ki life essence, create , nutures and sustains all living things.
4. Everything has energy.
The type of energy is relatible to the object. The below diagram shows the type of
Frequency and how fast it moves.
5. All objects emit a certain amount of black body radiation as a
function of their temperatures.
thermographic image of Human Body (below)
Human Body emits Infrared (IR) it is invisible radiant energy.
6. Mom’s kissing boo boos to make it better
Laying of the hands on a child with a fever
Soothing a crying child
We are releasing energy constantly. Even when we are doing the following:
Notice that when we do this our kids instinctively
feel better? Its that transfer of energy when we
reach out to our kids and kiss, hold and touch
them that is a form of Reiki.
When we get attuned Reiki is “turned on” and we
tap into the Reiki energy that is already in us.
7. Reiki is more common than most people realize:
• Medical field
• Sports field
• Special Needs field
• Educational field
Reiki is used to assist healing in the body after operations, trauma, and
The beautiful benefits of Reiki.
• NO side effects
• No wrong way to perform Reiki
• Its ongoing, It’s non intrusive
• It goes exactly where it is needed
• Reiki is beneficial on an emotional, mental,
physical and spiritual level.
8. There are Reiki principles that Reiki Practitioners and Masters are held to.
• Perform Reiki on those who give us permission
• Follow Reiki principles to constantly be in touch, tuned in and tapped into Reiki.
9. Reiki can be done:
• Face to Face
• Hands on
• Hands Off
• Can be sent Long distance as well
• Reiki can be performed one on one or in a group session
The Reiki Practitioner focuses on the Seven Chakras
(Ensures open and flowing)
Reiki can be done:
• Lying down
Reiki can be done:
• On animals
• The Young and Old alike
10. Its that same ENERGY (CHI) that creates life from the sperm, to the embryo, to a fetus and finally to a Newborn baby!!
The notion that the same energy that creates, nutures , & preserves life can also heal it is AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL