Why are you here????
• Can generate open discussion
• Ask open ended question
• Can use less and more time
• Knowledge of the subject
• Move with the pace of the
• Can read the mood of the
• Maintain eye contact
• Can hold the participants
• Clear voice
• Courage to face questions
• Can take quick decisions
• Use different methods
• Adjustable to different
• Use all tools
• Use bold pens
• Proper sitting arrangement-
everybody can see each other
• Never get angry
• Never leave the session in
• Never react
• No personal remarks
• Don’t show off
??????To become a trainer???????
Do you think you can be one?????
YES ………. No…… May be…..
If you think you can put people in this situation……
Yes!!!! you can become a trainer!!!!!!!
Conventional Type Training….
Controlled by trainer
Trainer- Knows everything
Trainees- Don’t know anything
Trainee- Inactive, only at receiving
Learning of the trainee because of
the information received by the
Trainer knows everything and
Learning depends upon training
capability of trainer and learning
capacities of trainees.
Whole responsibility of training is
on the trainer and on organizers.
Participatory Type Training…..
Participatory Training is based on the principles
of Adult Learning.
In participatory training:
Existing knowledge is given importance
New information/Knowledge is built on the
already existing knowledge
Trainees themselves are responsible for their
own learning- Trainer’s responsibility is to
develop the sense of responsibility
Results based on analysis helps in the proper
• Trainee controls the learning process
• Learning process becomes group
• Group analysis helps in reaching
at right conclusions
Trainer centered Trainee centered
One way Multi directional
Rigid-already decided Flexible- as per need
One method Different methods
Less motivation Motivated to ask questions
and questions are welcomed
Knowledge is with trainer Trainees also have knowledge
1. Identification of target trainees
2. Determination and Assessment of Training Needs
3. Formulation of Training objectives
4. Preparation of Course Content
5. Determination of Methodology
6. Production of training materials
7. Development of Program Module/schedule
What is Training Need Analysis????
• Training we have come to know: is a process of learning as
well as de-learning…..
• Need: is the gap between what is and what ought to be…...
• Analysis: is finding out, reasoning, logical thinking
How have we been doing this??????
Ways and means of TNA……
– Have open ended questions
– Ask clear an specific questions
– Focus on skill, knowledge and attitude
• Participatory exercises
– Group discussion
– Rating and Ranking against quality of work
• Self Assessment
• Observing employees while they work
• Analyzing against Job Description
S.No. Job Description Tasks easily
• An extended version of Schedule, has details about…..
– ……..Objective of the training
– ……..Assumptions made by the trainer
– ……..Nature of participants and their numbers
– ……..Major methodologies to be used in the training
– ……..An introduction about the training
• While schedule and module are the planning tool for
– Manual is the guide book for the trainer……
– Helps the trainer conduct training……
– Has session plans and guideline……
– Includes methods, tools and ways and means to effectively
While making plan for training Also keep these
• What is the item of learning you intend to implement?
• By which targets will you measure progress?
• What barriers might come during implementation?
• How will you avoid or negate these barriers?
• Time: when do you intend to start implementing the item?
• Time: by when do you intend to complete the
implementation of the item?
• Resources: what resources (people, equipment, extra skills,
etc.) will you need to complete the implementation of the
• Benefits: what benefits do you hope will result from your
actions (including financials if possible to assess)?
• Commitment: when will you and your manager meet a) to
discuss the Implementation of your plan and b) to review the
progress of this action?
• Any other comments (continue on a separate sheet if