3. History Pen style personal networking gadget created in 2003, by Tokyo-based Japanese technology company NEC. P-ISM was first featured at the 2003 ITU Telecom world held in Geneva, Switzerland. The P-ISM system was based on "low- cost electronic perception technology" produced by the San Jose, California, firm of Canesta
4. Designer of P-ISM said that ” In developing this concept he asked himself – “What is the future of IT when it is small?” The pen was a logical choice. He also wanted a product that you could touch and feel. Further, the intent is to allow for an office anywhere.
5. IntroductionP-ISM - Pen-style Personal Networking Gadget Package This pen sort of instruments produces both the soft-output as well asthe Virtual keyboard on any flat surfaces from where you can carry outfunctions you would normally do on your desktop computer. It is based on Electronic perception technology. P-ISM’s are connected with one another through short-range wirelesstechnology The whole set is also connected to the Internet through the cellularphone function
6. What is ElectronicPerception Technology ? Electronic Perception Technology (EPT) is a low-cost, single-chip imagining technology . One of the first applications is a “virtual keyboard”. EPT systems can accurately determine brightness and distinguish objects from one another. Current EPT keyboards can sense up to 400 characters per minute.
7. P-ISM package includingfive gadget CPU Pen. Camera Pen. Virtual Keyboard . Projector Pen. Communication Pen.
8. Block diagram of pentechnology
9. CPU Pen The functionality of the CPU is done by one of the pen. It is also known as computing engine. Dual Core processor is used. Works with windows operating system. There are four steps that nearly all CPUs use in their operation: fetch, decode, execute, and write back.
10. . The control unit of the CPU contains circuitry that uses electrical signals to direct the entire computer system to carry out, stored program instructions.
11. Communication Pen Wireless Bluetooth Technology. Exchange information with wireless connection. Connected to internet through cellular phone function. Uses Wi-Fi technology
12. . Very effective because we can able to connect whenever we need without having wires. Bluetooth is a packet-based protocol with a master-slave structure.
13. Virtual Keyboard Virtual Keyboard is a new gadget. It emits laser on desk which gives an alternative input mechanism. Based of Electronic Perception Technology. Reduce the risk of keystroke logging.
14. . Reduce the risk of password theft from malicious “Spyware ” and “Trojan Programs ”..
15. LED Projector The role of monitor is taken by LED Projector which projectson the screen. The size of the projector is of A4 size. Resolution capacity of 1024 x 768. Thus it is gives more clarity and good picture
16. A video projector is a device that receives a video signal andprojects the corresponding image on a projection screen using a lenssystem.
17. Digital Camera Digital camera in the shape of pen . Useful in video recording, video conferencing, simply it is called as webcam. Types of digital camera Compact Digital Camera Bridge Camera Mirror less Interchangeable Camera
18. . Three main methods of capturing the image Single shot Multi shot Scanning
19. Battery It is the most important part in portable type of computers. The type of battery used here is lithium ion battery. Usually batteries are small in size and work for a long time. It comes with a battery life of 6+ (i.e. 6days). For normal use it can be used for 2 weeks.
20. Battery(cont.) The storage device is of the type tubular holographic which is capable of storing. lithium ion battery in this gadget will reduce energy density, durability and cost factor.
21. Advantages of P-ISM Portable Feasible Wi-Fi technology Based on Electronic Perception Technology
22. Disadvantages of P-ISM Positioning is more important to use it to up to optimumlevel. Keyboard concept is not new. Currently unclear. Gadget is very costly
23. Conclusion The communication devices are becoming smaller and compact. This is only an example for the start of this new technology. We can expect more such developments in the future.