9. Tweet A message posted via Twitter containing 140 characters or fewer
10. @The @ sign is used to call out usernames in Tweets,like this:
11. RT (re-tweet)Re-sharing or giving credit to someone else’stweet. See also MT (modified tweet)
12. # hash tag (search term)The # symbol is used to mark keywords or topics ina Tweet. For example, search for #ljmu
13. Following & Followers Following is trial and error – filter your followers (or interests) regularly
14. DM (Direct Message)A private, 140-character message between twopeople. You may only DM a user who follows you.
15. Lists Lists are a useful way to organise the people you follow into groups. Can be a useful filter.
16. Favourites Adding a favourite tweet is similar to ‘like’ in Facebook and can be used to bookmark a tweet.
17. Block You can Block anyone you don’t want to be following you. Blocking prevents a user from @ message, DM or adding you to a list. It
18. Blackboard http://bit.ly/XdmMTf
20. How is it being used? • News • Events – real /broadcast/ past • Marketing • Gossip – Celebrity • Opinion • Sharing is the key
21. Higher Education Education • Follow a hashtag #phdchat, #edutech • Share whats going on in your area (LJMU) • Receive news • Collaborate and discuss • Steve Harrison (Broadcast Journalism) • Broadcast channel (#LJMU #CIAM) • Research - twitter search
22. Professional Research PracticeBreaking Technology News Events/ HE News Conferences
23. Issues • At work • At play • Disclaimer • Hacked
24. LJMU guidance
25. Activity•Activity content Search for
26. Netiquette • Understand how public and permanent your online footprint is (Search on Google or www.123people.com) • Be aware that your current or future employers could choose to explore that online footprint! • Do not say anything online that you would not say face to face • Avoid spamming and flaming • Be aware that it is easy to misinterpret irony, sarcasm etc… without tone of voice or expressions to guide • Consider who you are talking to… Source http://www.slideshare.net/vitaenwhub
28. Links toResources
29. • LJMU Social Networking Policy http://bit.ly/X9G6AU• Edudemic introduction to Twitter http://bit.ly/X9Gqzr• Using Twitter in university research, teaching and impact activities http://bit.ly/X9GT4G• VITAE guide to using twitter http://bit.ly/X9HcfW• How to use Tweetdeck http://bit.ly/N8MYX7• BBC Twitter guide to the law http://bbc.in/XyX5x