Soyez le premier à aimer ceci
Industry leaders Cisco, NetApp, VMware and Symantec have teamed up to develop a best practice framework and performance benchmark based on the VMware vSphere® Storage APIs - Data Protection (VADP). The test configuration uses the popular NetApp FlexPod environment, and the result proves that you can easily protect over 4 TB of virtual machine data per hour. And improved backup performance creates more reliable backups, shorter backup windows and less impact on the vSphere infrastructure.
In this session, we will show how these performance numbers can be easily obtained with minimal hardware and a small budget. In addition to backup performance, we will also discuss restore performance considerations.
Key topics include:
• How to select the correct hardware for the best ROI
• Strategies for minimizing backup impact and maximizing backup throughput
• Performance characteristics of VADP
• SAN or NBD (network) transports: which is recommended?
• Configurations for the fastest possible restores