The objective of this presentation is to educate and create
awareness amongst the student community on use of
Technology, Internet media and its implications on possible
Some of the possible preventive measures, one can take to
avoid getting victimized for a cyber crime
3. CYBER WORLD
• Cyber world is the world of internet and internet related things.
• Simply it is as part of IOT or in consist of IOT.
4. HOW YOU CONNECTED
• We use FACEBOOK like social medias on the internet
• We do internet banking
• We do online shopping
• We browse many things through internet
• we all this done with the help of computers and phones
5. CYBER CRIME
• some criminal minded persons commit crimes here, which is
included under cyber-crime.
• So we should be aware about crimes happening around in the
• Cyber crime refers to any crime that involves a computer/mobile
and a network. The computer may have been used in the
commission of a crime, or it may be the target.
6. Simple Theory
• When you purchase a home it comes with a door and a
lock. You always ensure that the door/lock exist and
working properly. You may even purchase security systems.
• Well, why would you not secure your investments?
• Likewise, Your System is your home and security tools are
your door/lock and security tools.
• So if someone breaches into your home’s(System), accesses all
your personal accounts and tampers your data, is the criminal
who is committing the crime.
7. • And committed crime is known as cyber-crime.
• Cyber crime is an illegal activity committed on the internet.
10. 1. Against Persons :
• Cybercrimes committed against persons include various crimes
like transmission of child-pornography, harassment of any one
with the use of a computer such as e-mail, and cyber-stalking.
• The distribution, posting, and dissemination of obscene material
including pornography, indecent exposure, and child
pornography, constitutes one of the most important Cybercrimes
known today. The potential harm of such a crime to humanity
can hardly be overstated.
11. 2. Against Property :
• The second category of Cybercrimes is that of Cybercrimes
against all forms of property. These crimes include
unauthorized computer trespassing through cyberspace,
computer vandalism, transmission of harmful programs, and
unauthorized possession of computerized information.
12. 3. Against Government :
• The third category of Cybercrimes relate to Cybercrimes
against Government. Cyber Terrorism is one distinct kind of
crime in this category. The growth of Internet has shown
that the medium of Cyberspace is being used by individuals
and groups to the international governments as also to
threaten the citizens of a country. This crime manifests itself
into terrorism when an individual "cracks“ into a government
or military maintained website.
13. These are also CYBER CRIME
• CHILD PORNOGRAPHY
• DENIAL OF SERVICE ATTACK
• VIRUS DISSEMINITION
• COMPUTER VANDALISM
• CYBER TERRORISM
• SOFTWARE PIRACY
14. 1. Hacking
Hacking in simple terms means an illegal intrusion into a
computer system and/or network. It is also known as CRACKING.
Government websites are the hot targets of the hackers due to
the press coverage, it receives. Hackers enjoy the media
15. 2. Child Pornography
The Internet is being highly used by its abusers to reach and
abuse children sexually, worldwide. As more homes have access
to internet, more children would be using the internet and more
are the chances of falling victim to the aggression of pedophiles.
16. 3. Denial of Service Attack
This is an act by the criminal, who floods the bandwidth of the
victims network or fills his e-mail box with spam mail depriving him
of the services he is entitled to access or provide
17. 4. Virus Dissemination
Malicious software that attaches itself to other software or
computer system and then propagates itself to other computers
via networks or disks. (virus, worms, Trojan Horse, web jacking, e-
mail bombing etc)
18. 5. Computer Vandalism
Damaging or destroying data rather than stealing or misusing
them is called cyber vandalism. Transmitting virus: These are
programs that attach themselves to a file and then circulate .
19. 6. Cyber Terrorism
Terrorist attacks on the Internet is by distributed denial of service
attacks, hate websites and hate emails, attacks on sensitive
computer networks, etc. Technology savvy terrorists are using
512-bit encryption, which is impossible to decrypt.
20. 7. Software Piracy
Theft of software through the illegal copying of genuine
programs or the counterfeiting and distribution of products
intended to pass for the original.
21. CYBER SECURITY
• Internet security is a branch of computer security specifically
related to the Internet.
• It's objective is to establish rules and measure to use against
attacks over the Internet.
22. HOW SAFE FROM CYBER-CRIME
• Use antivirus software’s
• insert firewalls
• uninstall unnecessary software
• maintain backup
• check security settings
• Stay anonymous - choose a genderless screen name
• Never give your full name or address to strangers
• Learn ‘Etiquette' - follow it and expect it from others
• Don't respond to harassing or negative messages (flames)
• Get out of uncomfortable or hostile situations quickly
• Save offending messages
• Learn more about Internet privacy
24. CYBER-SECURITY ADVANTAGES
• The cyber security will defend us from critical attacks.
• It helps us to browse the safe website.
• Internet security process all the incoming and outgoing data on
• Security will defend from hacks and virus.
• The application of cyber security used in our PC needs update
• The security developers will update their database every week
once. Hence the new virus also deleted.